Menu
Why do we eat hotpot in summer?
Jul 31, 2008 02:47
  • JIMMYB
I am not a fan of spicy food so that I nearly eat hotpot. But I find that many people, especially girls, prefer to eat hotpot. Even in summer, they can enjoy the hotpot very much. To be honest, I feel sweaty when I see the hotpot in summer let alone eat it . Don't they feel hot when eating the hotpot?

Do you like eating hotpot in summer?

Very spicy, isn't it?

Jul 31, 2008 17:55
  • DAVEC
I often invite friends around to have hotpot. less cooking for me and a lot less washing up.

Having hot food and drink during summer or hot times happens all round the world. In India they have some amazingly hot curries yet it is always hot there. When the weather is hot I find a cup of tea more refreshing than iced cold drinks.
Jul 31, 2008 21:19
  • KATRINA
Jimmyb, did you go to Chongqing or Chengdu? There you will see people wiping the sweat away frequently while eating the hotpot in summer. They enjoy eating hotpot. Maybe you can have a try. But remember not drink cold beverage while eating hotpot. This is bad for your health.
Aug 2, 2008 09:25
  • LIONPOWER
I like hotpot.
Aug 3, 2008 18:53
  • MARRIE
I prefer seafood hotpot together with beautiful refreshments, fruit drinks in summer. when i was in Shanghai, we often went for hotpot world, it's cheap but elegant. In winter, people like eating red meat with spicy dressing in hotpot soup.
Sep 12, 2015 22:47
GUEST10112 For some reason I always crave for hot pot during the summer but I never get to eat it cuz my family thinks we should only eat in the winter.
Feb 12, 2016 23:06
I liked it to. I also like the below few dishes very much
Post a Reply to: Why do we eat hotpot in summer?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code