Menu
Moving to China Checklist
Jul 31, 2008 20:13
guestDEE Hello everyone,

I'm moving to China for a year to teach in about 2 weeks and I need a checklist of what I need to bring and do prior to leaving. I have the job, the visa, the passport, and the plane ticket. Anyone have a good checklist I could use to make sure my trip goes smoothly? Also anyone already in China, please tell me what you missed most or what you wish you had brought with you to china, I'm packing really light and I have an entire luggage empty to bring anything else.

Thanks in advance for the help guys,

DEE
Jul 31, 2008 21:41
  • JABAROOTOO
A lot depends on where you will be working and what is available there. If you have any odd favourite food item then bring a little supply of that to treat yourself every now and again.

Good reading material if you like to read. That's about it.

Most things are readily available or you can find substitutes for them.
Aug 2, 2008 08:34
  • APAULT
Definitely books. Medications for the first month. Aspirin is hard to get and aspirin/paracetamol PLUS codeine is unavailable over the counter. . A fan heater - cold areas have central heating but it doesnt come on until you need three overcoats, warmer areas have no heating and although all the world's fan heaters are made in China, none are available here. Cheese. Good beer! Good wine. Shoes if u r at the larger end of the scale (men over 43 or UK 9) and clothes too if you are a larher size, otherwise, such things are so much cheaper here. Condoms here are also somewhat undersized by western standards
Aug 2, 2008 08:35
  • APAULT
Definitely books. Medications for the first month. Aspirin is hard to get and aspirin/paracetamol PLUS codeine is unavailable over the counter. . A fan heater - cold areas have central heating but it doesnt come on until you need three overcoats, warmer areas have no heating and although all the world's fan heaters are made in China, none are available here. Cheese. Good beer! Good wine. Shoes if u r at the larger end of the scale (men over 43 or UK 9) and clothes too if you are a larher size, otherwise, such things are so much cheaper here. Condoms here are also somewhat undersized by western standards
Post a Reply to: Moving to China Checklist
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code