Menu
Visa Application with a "missing days"
Aug 3, 2008 14:03
Hi,

I know that visa application rules are quite strict at the moment and currently we need to provide entry/exit flight confirmation and accommodation confirmation.

I have two questions that I couldn't find answers to:

(1) We arrive in Beijing on 27-SEP and fly out of Hong Kong on 17-OCT. I know the visa is not required for our few days in Hong Kong, but that means out flight ticket states 17-OCT, but we only have letters for accommodation until 13-OCT (when we fly to Hong Kong). Will this be a problem as there are missing days?

(2) Also, we intend to take a night train from Beijing to Shanghai and so have no confirmed accommodation for that night. Because we have confirmed letter for before that day and after, will there be a problem?

Hope someone can help,

Dave
Aug 3, 2008 23:23
  • BARONTWANGLE
If you are flying to HK from Mainland China, then you can use that flight as your exit confirmation. You don't need a return flight to the UK. Once you are in HK you are out of the system, so they don't care. Regarding the night on the train - not sure about that one, but I can't see they will kick up a fuss if you have all your other itinerary organised and can show the previous night's booking in Beijing, and the following night's booking in Shanghai.
Aug 4, 2008 03:20
Thanks for the info - I guess there's no cheap way to get a flight ahead of time? Everywhere I look seems to be around the £170 mark and I'm sure that if we were to get them nearer the time, it'll be much cheaper...

Are there any 'tricks' to getting a cheaper flight?

Dave
Aug 4, 2008 05:27
  • BARONTWANGLE
Where are you planning on flying from, and what date?
Aug 4, 2008 08:53
We'll be looking to fly out of Guilin on the evening of 13 OCT. One question I've just assumed the answer to; how long before the flight do we need to get to the airport for in China. Is it the usual 2-3 hours that we have in the UK?

Dave
Aug 5, 2008 01:28
  • BARONTWANGLE
Dave. A flight from Guilin to HK is classed as an International flight and would mean (officially) checking in 2-3 hours in advance. How about flying to Shenzhen instead, and then getting the train to HK? This would mean you could check in 40 minutes before, and would cost you 660RMB plus tax. Look on www.elong.net for flight costs and booking.

It is possible to book a flight at one of the many travel agents in Yangshuo, but you would be taking a risk on availability.

Post a Reply to: Visa Application with a "missing days"
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code