Menu
traveling in china
Feb 7, 2005 21:45
  • NIHAOCHINA
3 .On Thursday I went to the Terracotta Warriors which was good, though Pit 2 and 3 were boring because they had nothing in them. My favourite part wasn't the warriors all lined up but the parts of the bodies coming out of the dirt that haven't been excavated yet, and the horse's bottom sticking out (that night at the hostel 2 other people were talking about the horses' bottom too, so it's not just me). I decided to be adventurous on the way back and take a public bus (instead of the one that goes directly back to the train station) because on the way there we passed some really cool farms I wanted to take pictures of.

It was an adventure in itself, it took over 4 hours and 4 buses to get back. The first bus took ages because we went along a road and they were vege markets all along both sides of the road which slowed the traffic down. But I got some amasing pictures of old men and their bicyles, or sitting on the side of the road selling their veges with a cigarrete hanging out their mouth or playing cards.

Then I had to get off that bus to catch another one to this park I wanted to go to, which was really dumb so I left and had to catch 2 buses back into Xi'an.

The next day I walked around the city, which it the filthiest place I've ever been, there is a layer of black flith over everything. I went to the Bell Tower and saw the performance there and then walked around the Muslim Quarter and down some random backstreets, where they were selling all different parts of numerous animals insides, which were in big piles on sacks on the ground.

I'm now in Chengdu, yesterday Silke (a girl I met in my dorm) and I went to Leshan. We got up early and took the 8am bus to Leshan and walked around for over 6 hours looking at temples, a park with 3000 different Buddhas and the biggest Buddha in the world. We got a boat to drop us off at one end of the park and we walked out, when we went past the biggest Buddha in the boat we weren't very impressed because there was still some low cloud. But later we walked down along side it and it was more impressive.

Post a Reply to: traveling in china
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code