Menu
How long should i stay in Beijing, Huangshan, Shanghai
Aug 5, 2008 16:25
  • PBARANGU
My friend Ben and I are planning a trip to china from october 10th through the 20th (arrive the 10th in beijing in the early morning, leave shanghai on the 20th in the evening). my question is this:
how long would you recommend we stay in each destination? particularly shanghai and beijing (i could figure out huangshan based on those recommendations). we will be flying from beijing to tunxi and from tunxi to shanghai to save time. also, does anyone know a way to fly from beijing and get to huangshan so that i dont have to stay a night in tunxi (either fly into a different city nearby or a way to get from tunxi to huangshan from the beijing flight, which lands in tunxi at 2030 or about 830pm?)
all help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Paul
Aug 6, 2008 01:36
  • BONONG
For Huangshan, 2 days is enough for climbing up and down, stay overnight on the summit.
In addition, I found Tunxi nice enough to stay one night (especially its old town).
I strongly recommend you to spend 1 more day for Hongcun, a very lovely and photo-friendly village near Huangshan. There is direct bus between Tunxi and Huangshan.
For Shanghai, I personally think 3 days is enough. Do not miss the Shanghai museum and the YuYuan Garden
Aug 6, 2008 03:06
  • ELLYSE
Why do you not want to stay in Tunxi? How "nearby" do you have to get? The nearest airport is probably Hangzhou, which's still about 6 hours to the mountain itself. Aren't you going to spend a night in the summit area?
I would usually recommend 4-5 days for Beijing, and 2-3 days for Shanghai. You need 2 days for Huangshan.
If you've any more queries, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg pbarangu) in the subject line, thanks.
Aug 6, 2008 10:19
  • PBARANGU
I am not against staying in tunxi i just thought it would be nice to spend as much time in huangshan as possible (thought it would be nicer to fly into tunxi and go directly to the mountain instead of staying in tunxi, but i would not mind it because it sounds like a nice town afterall). i guess i also wanted to spend more time in shanghai but by the looks of it people recommend only a 2-3 day stay there (i was thinking of staying there at least 4 days but not anymore).
Aug 6, 2008 22:42
  • ELLYSE
Look, different people travel on different schedules and have different interests/preferences. If you think there's enough for you to see for 4 days in Shanghai, by all means go for it, others might not be the same as you!
Most flights arrive in Tunxi airport late at night, so getting to the mountain on the same day wouldn't really be feasible. You'd either have to stay in Tunxi or Tangkou -- I'd prefer Tunxi.
Post a Reply to: How long should i stay in Beijing, Huangshan, Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code