Menu
Eight terrorists killed, two other killed themselves in Xinjiang
Aug 11, 2008 05:02
  • OLIVETREE
Eight terrorists who carried out a series of explosions early Sunday were shot dead and two others blew themselves up dead, said Police in Kuga in Xinjiang. The serial explosions occurred at some supermarkets hotels in Kuga county. A security was killed, another one security guard, two civilians and two policemen were wounded.
Aug 11, 2008 11:18
GUESTCANIE I feel sad and worried about that news too.
Aug 11, 2008 14:37
  • GARYKINKADE
(IMO).....Terrorism ...... a loosely defined word depending upon "which side of the fence " a person is on and who is doing what to whom and for what reason.
As time passes and more knowledge is supposedly gained, I have become somewhat suspicious of the "term".
Maybe I've been reading too damn many "wrong" books or have been searching the "net" too much, but there are some incidents that reek of collusion amongst some of the top secret gov't organizations and other elements that are questionable.
Aug 11, 2008 17:06
  • JCNILE123
Maybe, or maybe you are getting close...
Aug 11, 2008 21:21
  • LEONARDO
Hey Gary,
Here is a definition:
Terrorism, in nature, is an illusive act aiming to create an atmosphere of fear. It is a way that the weak try to adopt to fight agaist the strong.
Aug 11, 2008 22:33
  • LIONPOWER
" It is a way that the weak try to adopt to fight against the strong." -- Is it the definition of terrorist ?
Aug 12, 2008 12:45
  • GARYKINKADE
I have no problem understanding the main intent of terrorism....that is to neutralize a superior force thru "hit and run" tactics or destroying their "hi-tech " armament with much cheaper devices etc, etc. (at least that is the way I understand it).
My main point was that superior forces can use the excuse of terrorism (or terrorist) to:
A...... Generate a "scare" (or scare tactic) among the general public in order for the those in control of the government to remain in control. (especially when other problems exist whether economic or otherwise, and this is a means of diversion)
B...... Generate a "false flag operation" as an excuse to do combat with the supposed terrorist or gain access to a country or region for other purposes, whether it is political or natural resources.
So....My question would be.........Who really are the terrorist ? The accused or the accuser?
I'm really just asking this question to myself and don't need a response unless someone just wants to chew my "rear end" out real good.
Aug 12, 2008 13:11
  • JCNILE123
Continuation to reply #3

... TO be one of them...to be continue...
Aug 12, 2008 23:23
  • JSUMMERS83
Regardless of your definition, I think it is worse how the media is defining terrorism in China:

Terrorism = Xinjiang

So sad. I live here and hate to see this happening.
Post a Reply to: Eight terrorists killed, two other killed themselves in Xinjiang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code