Menu
Best time for colorful leaves in Sichuan/Yunnan/Juizhaigou?
Aug 12, 2008 19:52
  • JJASC
I'm in Taiwan right now (and have been for 2 months) studying mandarin at a university. I am planning to stay here until November or December. I was originally planning on traveling through China when my semester ended here (end of august) but i think I will learn more mandarin if I continue on at the university here for another 4 months.

I really want to travel through Sichuan and Yunnan, possible Tibet. Currently, I am planning to take 2 and a half weeks off in October (October 14th?); I especially want to see the autumn colors of Juizhaigou (I was there last year, but I went mid November and all the leaves had fallen off ). I would also like to visit the famed rice terraces of Yunnan.

When is the best time to see the autumnal colors of Juizhaigou? What about other parts of sichuan and Yunnan? I want to get as much color in my pictures as possible!
Aug 12, 2008 20:41
  • BONONG
Hi JJ,
Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong in Sichuan are best seen from 15th-25th Oct, but it's also the most crowded time there. But if you avoid the bus route outside and follow the small paths inside, you still can find your own space.
By the way, I will travel in Yunnan from 26th Oct. It will be great if you can join us (2 females) after your Sichuan trip. We plan to cover Shilin, Lijiang, Yuanmou Soil Forest and Dongchuan Red Earth (Oct is also the perfect time to see the colorful fields in Dongchuan) in 7 days.
Pls reply if you are interested in :).
Aug 12, 2008 20:46
  • ELLYSE
2nd half of October.
Aug 12, 2008 20:46
  • BONONG
You can find here the great color of Dongchuan Red Earth: http://fototi.com/gallery/list.php?exhibition=28&u=15679%7C0%7C...
Aug 13, 2008 10:39
  • GORGE
The best time to see Jiuzhaigou and Huanglongg is before the end of October, particularly before 15 October.
There are 5 world heritages in SIchuan.
Mount Qingcheng and the Dujiangyan Irrigation System (2000)
E'mei Mountain Scenic Area, including Leshan Giant Buddha Scenic Area (1996)
Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area (1992)
Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area (1992)
Sichuan Giant Panda Sanctuaries (2006)
Sanxingdui Museum and Dinosaur Museumif you are interested in history.
Other famous scenic-spots: Mountain Gongga or Minya Konka, 8. Siguniang Mountain, Xiling Snow Mountain, Shunan Bamboo Forest.

There are 3 world heritages in Yunnan.
Three Parallel Rivers (2003)
Old Town of Lijiang (1997)
South China Karst including Shilin Karst (Stone Forest), Libo Karst and Wulong Karst (2007)
Other famous scenic-spots: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in Lijiang City, Jiuxiang Scenic Area, Jiulong Waterfalls, Hot-springs Scenic Area, Dali Scenic Area including Cangshan Mountian, Erhai Sea, Jianchuan Shibao Mountian, Jizu Mountain, Weibao Mountain and Zibi Lake Hot-spring in Dali City.

Note: your posted the famed rice-terraces is located in Longshan, Yangshuo, Guilin of Guangxi Zhang Autonomous Region.
If you have any other questions or need any help, please see your message box and contect with me.
Post a Reply to: Best time for colorful leaves in Sichuan/Yunnan/Juizhaigou?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code