Menu
So many empty seats
Aug 13, 2008 07:05
  • APAULT
Why are there so many empty seats when so many Chinese couldn't get tickets? I heard it is because sponsor tickets have not been used. What a shame, and how inflexible. If people are not in their seats by a certain time most of them should be sold at the gate.
Aug 13, 2008 19:43
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I scan NBC here sometimes and once in a while I see a lot of vacant seats. And most often than not, majority of the audience are foreigners.
Aug 14, 2008 19:27
  • YINDUFFY
The Beijing Olympic Committee has admitted that it is a mystery to them too. They have taken to sending volunteers as "seat fillers" at some venues.
One thing is for sure, if I was in Beijing and had tickets, I would use them!
Aug 14, 2008 20:10
  • JIMMYB
Some people got tickets but they didn't go to see the matches because they were not interested in the games. If you watch the games, you will find that some games have drawn much attention, for example, badminton. Last night, I watched Men's Single quarterfinals (badminton) and Double Mixed quarterfinals. Really brilliant though Chinese No.3 seed Bao Chunlai was defeated by Li Xuanyi. In the stadium, there were many badminton fans. Even when Chinese players finished their matches, these fans still sat there to watch Double Mixed quarterfinals (there was no Chinese badminton player because they have enter the next round).
Aug 17, 2008 00:46
  • JABAROOTOO
I've heard the same thing and perhaps people bought tickets they expected to sell on and they have been stuck with them. But it is a shame that more Chinese are not in attendance. also heard the atmosphere is not so relaxed as at previous Olympics
Aug 17, 2008 22:13
  • JIMMYB
Jabar, you might be right. See, there are many people who posted here to transfer their tickets.
Post a Reply to: So many empty seats
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code