Menu
Will the visa conditions change soon?
Sep 3, 2008 14:07
  • DADA
Hi Paul,
Maybe he would like to say 2 weeks, anyway the reservation is essential for issuing tourism visa
Sep 4, 2008 20:52
  • APAULT
Yes, these comments support what I expected - but as always, maybe someone has the right connections. And if so it makes nonsense of the security control this is supposed to be about.
Dec 26, 2008 23:07
GUESTIAMLUKE... Hello guys, Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!

Just joined this morning, glad to meet you all!

It would be great if you could hello back :)
Dec 28, 2008 17:56
  • AYUMAZLAN
hello nice people!
thank you for all your info abt the chinese visa...it is such a headache...i am planning to go to china somewhere summer 2009. and of course i will be booking hotels by using travel china gudie (TCG). and of course book early for the ticket back home. here is the case, i am student studying in russia, but i am actually a malaysian citizen. i would like to get an at least 60 days visa.
first question: are all the booking confirmation enough for me to apply for a visa to china?
second question: can i apply for the visa at the chinese embassy in russia, which is in moscow?
and jimmy thank you so much for all ur help...and if you could help me... i will be very honoured
my email : yahoo.com|life_is_good84
any info you can send it to my email..or just at this forum, i will be checking this forum, as often as i can
i love china and has always been dreaming to go there...and would really hope that, this dream wont be crushed just by visa stuff
thanks you so much every one
love,
ayu
Dec 30, 2008 07:13
  • APAULT
You should be able to apply in Russia and especially if you have some bookings I would think you should get the 2 months you require.

Please see: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/russia.htm

It refers to an offical invitation letter - check with the consulate.
Jan 2, 2009 06:56
  • AYUMAZLAN
thanks paul... well i dont really have invitation letter...see booking a hotel dont exactly give an invitation letter
Mar 7, 2009 03:13
GUEST31197 Paul, we hold the same passport so I was wondering what to do in my situation. Back to back Z-visa's for five years teaching. Now suddenly thrown into L, having decided to change schools after five years without as much as one flight ticket or paid holiday ever offered. Additionally, I pay for my own visa and house. I didn't even get the salary promised. It got less and less each year as the hours increased! Nevertheless, I felt the good outweighed the bad for those five years. Now, after that duration of service, I get marooned at a time when the visa rules seem to change from day to day. I'm on my second last 30 day extension. I guess I'll have to go HK and produce, all over again, the paperwork already submitted over five times over the past years. To make matters worse, dragging their feet is an understatement as to getting a 'release letter'. And in all that time I have never knowingly seen a copy of a 'Foreign Expert Certificate'. I just wanted keep in touch with you because we have same passport and similar experience, which helps in real time. JP
Mar 7, 2009 03:14
GUEST31197 Paul, just wanted to keep in touch as having the same passport and similar experience is often very helpful for comparing notes. JP
Mar 11, 2009 12:17
  • APAULT
Hi JP. In thgeory, you should not have had to get an L visa...the new school should have been able to effect a transfer but only if it can be done prior to the old residency permit elapsing. Otherwise, yes u have to go to Hk or somewhere outside the mainland. Yes, you have to do all the paperwork, but that should not be a great problem, ecxcepot that yopu need two references and ideally one should be your last employer...a problem I might face soon. The foreign expert certificate is not yours as I understand it and needs to be applied for by your new employer in the context of the job they want you for (ie a FEC does not say u r an expert but tht ur r for a partic job). I don't see why you should need a release letter:as you have completed your last contract nd it seems are not in a position to transfer your residency to another job. I have never had a release letter, nor have i heard of anyone else in this situation.

No way would I have stayued on in your situation of worsening employment conditions. Chinese employers have to learn what it m,eans to join the market economy! "Workers of the world unite, for you have nothing to lose but our chains". !!!
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will the visa conditions change soon?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code