Menu
Anyone can confirm this?
Aug 15, 2008 04:14
guest3044 According to FT (Financial Times), Beijing police has implemented a new requirement for those tourists who want to extend their stay in Beijing. They must open a local bank account and deposit at least 3000 US dollars to get a 30 days visa.

Anyone here encounter this problem? I tried to find any authentic report but failed.
Aug 17, 2008 00:55
  • JABAROOTOO
I know of a friend who was required to prove that he had funds of a similar amount when he extended his visa some months ago. He just borrowed some and then gave it back but I think this is another ridiculous requirement. Using a Chinese Bank account is convenient but it's just as easy to withdraw cash from international accounts these days too. Ughhhhhhh.

So don't be surprised if this is expected
Aug 19, 2008 23:38
  • APAULT
I have a Chinese friend who lent a foreigner money for 5 days to comply with this regulation. I also don't know how he got his visa in HK (just 10 days ago) with all the restrictions which we have been told apply. Aiya!
Sep 3, 2008 14:34
  • DADA
I know some people who got the visa extension in the same conditions and right now one of my friends is waiting for his visa extension in beijing but need wait at lest one weak.
Yes! you just need $3000 in your account bank and your passport with a valid visa of course
Sep 5, 2008 18:31
  • ROBERTL
EVERYTHING COMES DOWN TO THE DOLLAR
THEY DON'T WANT YOU ON THIER WELLFARE EITHER
Sep 6, 2008 09:36
  • APAULT
I am not convinced by that argument Robert. Firstly, there was no problem before the Olympics, secondly, they don't have welfare and would definitely invoice you if you cause them to incur costs on your behalf.
Sep 7, 2008 21:49
  • BARONTWANGLE
RobertL - Please go back to America where you can moan about their welfare, regulations, and rules. You seem like a very bitter person and China will be a better place without you.
Post a Reply to: Anyone can confirm this?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code