Menu
Do human beings have a limit of physical abilities?
Aug 17, 2008 22:53
  • YVONNE
It was unbelievable that so many world records have been broken during the Beijing Summer Games. Bolt of Jamaica break the men’s 100 meter world record. Once, we were suspicious if human beings have a limit of physical abilities. How fast can we run?Bolt finished 100 meters withine 9.69 seconds. Can we run faster? Phelps claimed unprecedented 8 gold medals in a single Olympics. Do human beings have a limit of physical abilities?
Aug 18, 2008 21:19
  • LEONARDO

>>Do human beings have a limit of physical abilities? <<

Prior to Beijing Games, I firmly believed that there is a limit. Well, the unbelievable new world records in Beijing makes me doubt if there is a limit. Bolt, Phelps and Russian pole vault tsarina Elena Isinbaeva seem to convey that there is no limit of human physical ability.

Pole vault tsarina Elena Isinbaeva on Monday evening setted the new world record of 5.05 meters, winning her second Olympic gold medal almost with no efforts.

Aug 18, 2008 22:11
  • DODGER
The help they receive from their chemist is possibly a factor.
Dodger.
Aug 18, 2008 22:30
  • KEVIN0518
Bolt is a monster. He broke the record so easily. During the last 20 meters, he slowed down his pace and turned his head to see other athletes. I am sure that he can run faster, less than 9'60". It is said that his shoelace has come undone. That's why he slowed down. I guess not. If he raised the record to the highest level, he might not break it in the future. So he just gave himself enough space to break the record continuously.
Aug 18, 2008 22:42
  • KEVIN0518
Another factor is the High Technology. One hundread years ago, Adidas and other sports companies weren't born yet. With the development of HT, they tradually use HT to produce sports suits, shoes etc. With these sports products, the athletes can run faster, jump higher and break more records. Take Li Na's tennis shoes for example, they are half as heavy as other tennis players' shoes. It is said that its weight equals a banana's skin.
Aug 19, 2008 01:17
  • DAVEC
We can certainly go faster in the 100M, the guy cruised past the finish line. It will be beaten again soon.
Aug 19, 2008 03:34
  • ZANG
There is definitely no limit of physical abilities.
Can you imagine 100 years ago that we can fly here and there by planes? Can you imagine billions years ago that we can walk with the hind legs?
Maybe there is a limite in a decade or two, but in the long run, there is definitely no limit.
Aug 19, 2008 12:14
  • CARLOS
If we talk only about physical abilities, I believe there must be a limit somewhere. No limit mean 100 m runned in 5 seconds some day. Or in 3 sec. Even to break 8 seconds, I think will not happen in my lifetime.

Carlos
Aug 19, 2008 19:38
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Limit? Heh. I bet if I am being chased by a tiger, I can run faster than 'Lightning Bolt'! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Aug 19, 2008 21:07
  • LEONARDO
Hehe, She, good one! I assume if the organizing committee puts a tiger behind every athlete in the 100 meter sprint event, all of them would have run faster. Bolt of Jamaica would have finished the 100 sprint within 6 seconds. ^_^!!
Aug 19, 2008 21:43
  • JCNILE123
She,
(((Limit? Heh. I bet if I am being chased by a tiger, I can run faster than 'Lightning Bolt'! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! )))

It is just a little cat, he, he,
Post a Reply to: Do human beings have a limit of physical abilities?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code