Menu
Help! Nervous abt move to Sanya
Aug 21, 2008 15:38
guest25102 Hi Everyone,
My husband , I and our 2 yr old are moving to Sanya in a month. I am looking forward to it , i have to admit i am a tad bit nervous too. I was wondering how the expat community is? I am also interested in pre school groups or mother/babies get togethers. Is it easy to get supplies for toddlers( mainly pampers???)
Soooooo many questions.....lol
Hope to hear from ya'll and looking forward to meeting some when i get there
cheers
Guest 3479
Aug 23, 2008 01:31
  • APAULT
Just look down the thread and you will see a discussion on expat life in Sanya. But why not try and meet some local people too?

You will have no trouble buying Pampers or similar brands, nor almost any other products that you are used to.

Aug 23, 2008 22:26
GUEST53216 Hi Guest 3479,
We've just moved to Sanya too, with our eight-month-old son. I'm British. My wife's from Sichuan. We've found that a lot of the expats living here are retired, but there's a few families with kids. Whereabouts in Sanya will you be living? We're in Dadonghai.
You can email me at yahoo.com|tjhw.
Tim
Aug 25, 2008 23:53
GUEST15553 Welcome to Sanya. Don't be nervous! There are about 150 local expats, NOT including those from the Russian-speaking countries. Many of them are working expat contracts at the many international hotels here. Several of us have motorcycles, Rainbow II on the riverfront where Eadry Resort is the #1 place to go to meet most of the expats in town on the weekends. You'll find plenty of info about Sanya at my blog, www.sanyaexpat.com ....not selling anything, just lots of info...Cheers, Mario
Jun 21, 2014 19:52
GUEST01750 Hi,
I've just moved to Dadonghai, Sanya. I'm really struggling as I can't speak Chinese. So few people speak ANY English at all. I keep getting ripped off when I try to buy things at the local market. The thing I'm having most difficulty with is the food -I'm vegetarian and I can't find any Western supermarkets or places selling Western items? I've just been going to a Chinese supermarket but all the fruit and veg is pretty limp and old and VERY expensive. Also I can't find anywhere selling cheap clothes.
Please does anyone know of: A) Any Western supermarkets in Sanya? B) Any big local fruit/veg markets selling fresh produce -like a local farmers market or something? c) Anywhere selling cheap/ second-hand clothes in Western sizes...and shoes?
I don't mind having to catch a bus, if need be.
Any help much appreciated! Thanks

K
Jun 21, 2014 21:39
GUEST01750 Hi,
I've just moved to Dadonghai, Sanya. I'm really struggling as I can't speak Chinese. So few people speak ANY English at all. I keep getting ripped off when I try to buy things at the local market. The thing I'm having most difficulty with is the food -I'm vegetarian and I can't find any Western supermarkets or places selling Western items? I've just been going to a Chinese supermarket but all the fruit and veg is pretty limp and old and VERY expensive. Also I can't find anywhere selling cheap clothes.
Please does anyone know of: A) Any Western supermarkets in Sanya? B) Any big local fruit/veg markets selling fresh produce -like a local farmers market or something? c) Anywhere selling cheap/ second-hand clothes in Western sizes...and shoes?
I don't mind having to catch a bus, if need be.
Any help much appreciated! Thanks

K
Post a Reply to: Help! Nervous abt move to Sanya
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code