Menu
How to travel from Buerjin - Wuerhe - Sayram lake - Yining
Aug 22, 2008 02:03
  • CANIE
I set my itinerary for traveling around Northern Xinjiang.

October 5 take a bus from Urumqi to Buerjin by the sleeper bus.
October 6 arrive Buerejin, find shared taxi to Kanas lake.
October 7 travel inside the park , stay in Kanas lake.
October 8 leaving Kanas lake to Wuerhe ghost town , go to Yining
October 9 leaving Yining in the evening , take sleeper bus back to Urumqi.

I want to know the bus schedule from Kanas or Buerjin to Wuerhe and how long. And from Wuerhe ghost town to Yining are they the sleeper bus, which place or city can I take that bus and should I get off at Sayram lake?

And I confuse about the suitable route to travel inside Kanas natural reserves for two full days. I need some suggestions about the route and lodging there also for each day.

Will I stick with the crowd of Chinese tourists during the national day period?

Thank you.

Aug 22, 2008 02:09
  • CANIE
I have some correction.
On October 9 , I expect to arrive Yining or Sayram lake in the morning. And set 2 days program around Yining
day 1 for Sayram lake and Ile river view.
day 2 for Zhaosu grassland and leave Yining by sleeper bus in the evening.
Aug 22, 2008 09:14
  • ELLYSE
October 8 is too rushed. You won't have enough time.
It looks like you should skip Yining as it's too out-of-the-way.
Just take the shuttle buses inside Kanas, they'll bring you around to most of the major spots and you should be able to cover them in the time that you have.
Aug 22, 2008 14:49
  • CANIE
So, you mean that I have to restart at Urumqi again for Yining.
I tried some travel agent , but no company can drive in the night to save my limited time in Xinjiang.

My revised itinerary as followings,

10/4 We arrive Urumqi airport in the afternoon, take a sleeper bus to Buerjin
10/5 -6 Kanas lake for 2 days
On October 6, do I have to move to Buerjin for stand by for catch the bus for Wuerhe ghost city next morning?
Or can I hire taxi to go there on October 7 from Buerjin and go back to Buerjin to take sleeper bus back to Urumqi. ( I don't know how far between Buerjin to Wuerhe city).
Which one 's better?
And from Wuerhe city are there any night bus go back to Urumqi?
10/8 Arrive Urumqi in the morning , go to Tianchi as a day tripper.
In the evening , take a night train to Korgass pass at Alashankou, go along to Yining.
(If I get off the train at Bole, Is it easier to find a vehicle to Sayram lake?)
10/9 -10 Yining two days trip , stay one night in Yining.
on 10/10 in the evening, take a sleeper bus go back to Urumqi.
10/11 Arrive Urumqi transfer to Turpan.

Do it possible? Does any travel agent can arrange this tour please sent a message to me.
Aug 23, 2008 11:08
  • ELLYSE
Nono, I don't mean you have to go back to Urumqi to get to Yining, that would be silly. You need to transfer at either Kuytun or Karamay in order to get a bus to Yining. I know this very well because we went to Yining after Kanas Lake, on our trip last year.
I'm just trying to say that, I don't think you'll be able to go from Kanas Lake to Burqin to Wuerhe to Kuytun/Karamay, all in the same day!
Bole train station is really in the middle of nowhere, and it's about 1+ hour by public bus from there to Bole long-distance bus station. Possible, but I don't think it's recommendable! We did that in reverse on our trip for some last-minute "adventure" as we didn't know Bole's train and long-distance bus stations would be so far apart!
Aug 24, 2008 10:30
  • CANIE
Thank Ellyse,

I've just wanted to save a day time because we know how big Xinjiang is. Travelling in the day time to other city may be consume a whole day time, and you didn't go to anywhere just stay to the hotel in that day.

Anyway, we won't go to Bole as your suggestion. Do you have an idea about the bus timetable from Karamay to Yining? Are there a direct bus , how long , i prefer a sleeper one.
Aug 24, 2008 12:39
  • ELLYSE
You don't seem to be understanding my point about getting from Kanas Lake etc to Kuytun/Karamay in a day. Never mind.
No idea about Karamay -- Yining bus schedule, sorry. Our bus left in the morning. Please be warned that the route is rather in high demand and tickets were sold out though we bought ours off a scalper.
Aug 25, 2008 11:09
  • CANIE
Ellyse.

I plan to hire a taxi at Kanas for 3 days , in the third day I think we can leave Kanas park in Early morning to catch the Wuerhe Bus and then stay in Karamay for a night.
And go to Yining by morning bus tomorrow morning.

Do it the pratical way? Thank you again.
Aug 25, 2008 12:51
  • ELLYSE
Sounds possible then. But I expect problems getting a late bus from Karamay as the buses start from Altai and by the time they get to Wuerhe, they would already be full.
Aug 27, 2008 22:34
  • FAERIEQUEENE
In Xinjiang better check out the routes and road conditions each time

Caine, where are you from? Do you have some Mandarin Chinese speaking skill?

here is the Karamay long distance bus station telephone: international +86 990-6231542, local 0990-6231542
Aug 29, 2008 01:34
GUESTCANIE Thank you , Fairyqueen

I'm from Bangkok, Thailand. I can speak Mandarin very limited, may be I will ask my father to talk with bus station.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to travel from Buerjin - Wuerhe - Sayram lake - Yining
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code