Menu
KFC between china and your country
Sep 13, 2008 09:42
  • CLOUDHANDS
I know my experience did not end up being in China, but I like Korean KFC better than in the US. Very crispy and not so greasy. I think local cooking styles can improve a fast food. The other take out chicken there restaurants vary in quality. The chicken would be all cut up in little pieces and including the bone.
Do they cut the take out chicken in regular pieces in China? ( leg wing etc)
Sep 13, 2008 23:24
  • BARONTWANGLE
The Chicken used by KFC is of the lowest grade. If you want to see where it comes from, have a look at this - http://www.chooseveg.com/meet-your-meat.asp

I am not against eating meat, but I would never eat KFC Chicken, as it only encourages terrible farming practices.
Sep 14, 2008 00:16
  • DODGER
I just can’t believe that anyone in China would want to eat KFC or MacDonald’s. Even the ice cream is fake.
For the price that it sells at you can get a real feed with real food.
I agree with the Barons comments on how the chickens are farmed. I’ve seen them.
My Granddad used to keep chickens and the difference in taste between a free rang reared chicken and one of the battery versions is again much like the difference between a real pizza and one of the commercial variety, chalk and cheese.
Dodger.
Sep 18, 2008 04:01
GUESTCHICS I have eaten KFC in China, Singapore and Malaysia and the BEST finger-lickin-good experiences are ALWAYS at KFC CHINA - better variety of items and their chicken meat is so much more tastier than those overseas' I am NOT referring so much to the marinade of the chicken BUT the white chicken meat itself - China-bred chickens are much tastier for sure. Also I like the oven-fresh KFC egg tarts (not available outside KFC outside of China)... and above all the WONDERFUL SERVICE of the Chinese people. NOT SO in Singapore or Malaysia. McDonald's STAFF in CHINA also deserve the highest praise for their warm and friendly services.
Sep 18, 2008 06:04
  • BARONTWANGLE
Totally agree with that last post regarding the service. In all other countries I have been to, fast food places only employ brain dead people who dribble in your food and are too stooopid to deal with any order which doesn't have a number and a set meal. Chinese staff are lively, intelligent, and enthusiastic. However, that is where my praise stops. The food still sucks, and the environment is often too crowded with people not respecting others' personal space. I hope one day that Chinese learn to appreciate that an environment is just as important as the food. However, when the food is as bad as it is in KFC, I guess there is nothing to lose.

One thing which amuses me is that I have yet to meet a Chinese person who admits to liking chicken breast meat. They say it is too dry and tasteless. I couldn't agree more. However, walk past any KFC in China, and there they all are stuffing chicken breast meat (of the lowest possible grade) down their necks. Amazing what a bit of sauce and seasoning will do for a tasteless piece of meat.

Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: KFC between china and your country
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code