Menu
Shilin + Lijiang questions
Aug 26, 2008 21:37
  • BONONG
Hello All,
I am planning a trip to Yunnan in Oct, and have 3 questions:
1. I read about the bus from Kunming to Shilin at this thread http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1541505&tstart=0&messageID=13618315
but I don't know if this bus depot has a name. If anyone knows its name, please let me know. Does that bus will bring us directly to the gate of Shilin or we have to change to another minibus to reach Shilin?
2. How long does it take from Kunming to Shilin? 3 hours? more or less?
3. I love to see the Impression Lijiang show directed by Zhang Yimou, but I can't find any detailed info about this show in terms of ticket office, ticket price, transportation to the show location... Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you so much for any info :).
Aug 27, 2008 01:07
  • ELLYSE
Probably easiest to get a driver and vehicle for the day to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. Tickets are 190 RMB IIRC. Drivers will know where to go.
Aug 27, 2008 02:26
  • BONONG
Tks Ellyse. Actually I am a budget traveller, can I take a bus to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain to see the show? I don't want to climb the mountain, just want to see the show ( I am a fan of Zhang Yimou :)).
Which bus should I take from Lijiang and which bus stop do we need to get off? And please kindly help to write down the name of the show in Chinese so that I can easily ask the locals.
Many thanks :).
Aug 27, 2008 09:47
  • ELLYSE
I don't think there're buses running that way. You have to pay for admission to the mountain as well if you want to see the show, so you might as well take the chance to go to more spots on the mountain.
Best to stay in a guesthouse/hostel and try to get other travellers to share a driver and vehicle.
Aug 27, 2008 23:36
  • BONONG
Ah I see, so I have to charter a van.
I plan to use chartered van to go to Liming in the morning (climb 1000 turtles mountain) and transfer to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain to see the show.
Is it possible? Do you know how far is it from Liming to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (I know it takes around 3 hours from Lijiang to Liming, 3 hours for climbing).
If impossible, can we go to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain first, see the show and transfer to Liming?
Or we have to do those things in 2 separate days?
Thanks for your help :)
Aug 28, 2008 10:45
  • ELLYSE
No idea, sorry.
Sep 2, 2008 05:53
GUEST01124 BONONG,

What show is this ? Can you give more details ? I am a fan of Zhang Yimou too. Have you watched his Guilin's Liu Sister Show ?
Sep 2, 2008 20:30
  • BONONG
To Guest: As I know, there are 3 shows directed by Zhang Yimou in Lijiang, Hangzhou and Guilin. I haven't seen Guilin show yet, just saw Impression West Lake in Hangzhou, and would love to see the show Impression Lijiang.
Sep 2, 2008 20:33
  • BONONG
Ellyse,
Tks for your reply. I've decided to go to Liming and Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in 2 separate days. If I have 1 day in Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, what is the best route, including the Impression Lijiang show also?
Sep 3, 2008 10:51
  • ELLYSE
Impressions Liu San Jie (Yangshuo, earliest one): http://www.yxlsj.com
Impressions Lijiang (Lijiang, 2nd one): http://www.yx-lj.com
Impressions West Lake (Hangzhou, 3rd and newest one): http://www.hzyxxh.com
Eh, the Impressions Lijiang show is definitely in the early afternoon. I don't know what would be the best way to arrange the rest, sorry.
Post a Reply to: Shilin + Lijiang questions
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code