Menu
87-year-old woman forced to live in pigsty
Aug 29, 2008 02:42
  • LEONARDO
A Chinse saying goes, (parents) bring up children for the purpose of being looked after in old age. Really? A pathetic 80-year-old woman who reared two sons and two daughters has nowhere to stay but in his son’s pigsty. She has been “living’ in the pigsty for one year.
Three years ago, the old lady’s son moved into a newly-built brick house while she was left in the old earthen house. The wife of her elderest son told reporters that she asked her 87-year-old mother-in-law to live in the pigsty is for the sake of the old lady’s safety because the dilapidated old house leaked in the rainy days and the pigsty was made of concrete and brick. Everyday they sent meals to feed the old lady. Whatever excuses they have, can they just be so ruthless to put a 87-year-old woman who is closely tied with them by blood? I feel shocked and chilled after reading the news! What’s wrong with this world?

The 87-year-old woman lived in the pigsty in Liangping township, Hanyin County in Ankang City of Shaanxi Province

Aug 29, 2008 16:45
  • DAVEC
That is disgusting.
Aug 29, 2008 21:20
  • BARONTWANGLE
It's only a pig sty if there are pigs in it. Now this old woman lives there, it is a home. I'd be happy to live in a pig sty if it was clean, kitted out with a comfortable bed, a light, etc. There is no mention of cramped space here, and in the photo she seems to be eating well. What's the problem?
Aug 31, 2008 19:56
  • LEONARDO
Baron,

The pigsty is not clean. The trough hasn't been demolished. The key question is that the daughter-in-law didn't want his mother-in-law to move in with her. She said that her mother-in-law was unsanitary. The old lady's son did nothing to stop his wife's doings.
Aug 31, 2008 20:12
  • SHESGOTTOBE
That is very depressing, Leonardo. In China and most of Asia, the worst sin children can do is to treat their parents like dirt. It shouldn’t be too much to assign one good room for her considering she is already in the twilight of her life or if they can afford it build a small room in their compound.

We ensure that our parents have to be in the best room of the house yet in touch with every member of the family, not isolated and are provided with everything they need.
Aug 31, 2008 23:05
GUEST09147 Baron,

Are you just a retard going around saying retarded things thinking you are funny and smart?
Sep 1, 2008 01:44
  • DODGER
“Al32, I did not know you were straight,”
Guest09147, so this post of yours was not being a smart arse then?
Dodger.
Sep 1, 2008 20:51
  • PANADA
It is better not have children than have unfilial children who let you live in a pigsty when you are old.

How can the hostess let her mother-in-law live in a pigsty? Will she treat her biological mother in this way? I bet she won't. How can the coldhearted son allow his mother be treated in such a way? It's not only an insult for his mother, but himself.
Sep 1, 2008 21:09
  • BARONTWANGLE
I think we all know that Guest09147 is really Shesgottobe!! So even if I am not funny, then I am smart! hahah
Sep 1, 2008 21:48
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Huhhh??? Yea, you are not funny and not even close to smart. Are you willing to bet your life on that?
Sep 1, 2008 22:36
  • DODGER
OK, so it looks like a fight is about to start…can I sell tickets..ha
Dodger
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: 87-year-old woman forced to live in pigsty
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code