Menu
What will the Olympics do for GB?
Aug 29, 2008 02:59
  • JIMMYB
Beijing Olympic Games has been ended for 5 days. Right now people have averted their eyes to London since it will hold 2012 Olympics. I just read an article from FT. The author discusses in his article " What will the Olympics do for London as well as the UK?" He seems not optimistic about the Olympics. According to Lord Coe, the chairman of London 2012's organising committee, London Olympics will inspire the whole nation to take part in sports activities. On the other hand, it will revive the east London's economy. It sounds good. However, the author have doubts about this. He suggests that the money should be spent on grassroots sports or paying off national debt. What do you think? Will GB gain a lot from the Olympics?
Aug 29, 2008 16:48
  • DAVEC
I think it will embarrass us. Show the world that we can struggle to get things ready on time and I will bet anyone here that it is over on budget.
Sep 10, 2008 04:19
  • YVONNE
Dave, don't be so pessimistic. I know that British people have low passion for holding the Olympics because they have already held the Olympics. And many people think that holding the olympics is expensive. The ecnomic prospect in GB is not good. So the government just resorts to the olympics to stimulate the economy.
Post a Reply to: What will the Olympics do for GB?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code