Menu
Nigerian 'Mohammed' has 86 wives and at least 170 kids
Sep 1, 2008 01:59
  • LEONARDO
An 84-year-old Nigerian has 86 wives and at least 170 kids. He can match the Emperors in the feudal China. In the 21st century, a man can have so many wives in Africa?

The Nigerian man named Mohammed Bello Abubakar was a former teacher and Muslim preacher. By report, he has advised other men not to follow his example and marry 86 wives. He said: "A man with 10 wives would collapse and die, but my own power is given by Allah. That is why I have been able to control 86 of them."

Why is this Nigerian ‘prophet’ attractive to women?

He claims that his wives sought hime because of his reputation as a healer. "I don't go looking for them, they come to me. I will consider the fact that God has asked me to do it and I will just marry them." said he.

How can he support such a ‘Sizeable’ family?

“According to his wives, Bello Abubakar asks his children to go and beg for 200 naira ($1.69, £0.87), which if they all did so would bring in about $290 (£149). “

Polygamy is still prevalent in Islamic countries? Or is this just a special case in a backward African country?

Hi fellas, please follow the “Prophet’s advice”. Don’t envy him! Don’t follow his example and marry 86 women! Raising a family is really expensive. Don’t follow his example unless you have the heart to let “your kids” become beggars!!!

Mohammed Bello Abubakar says he does not go and find women, they come to him.

Sep 1, 2008 02:02
  • LEONARDO
"Most of his wives are less than a quarter of his age - and many are younger than some of his own children."
One of his wives says:
"I am now the happiest woman on earth. When you marry a man with 86 wives you know he knows how to look after them,"

Sep 1, 2008 20:42
  • PANADA
Leonardo, it's nothing strange that a man can have dozens of wives in African countries. Nevertheless, a poor man like Mr Bello Abubakar can own so many women is rare. He must have the magic of hypnotism to tempt women.

"I am now the happiest woman on earth. When you marry a man with 86 wives you know he knows how to look after them,"
This woman must be ignorant.
Sep 1, 2008 20:57
  • SHESGOTTOBE
There has been cases like this in other countries and it doesn't have anything to do with being a Muslim. Interestingly, the man is usually a preacher and/or a healer. The scenario could be like this:

The woman is desperately looking for a healer for herself or for a family member. In came the man proclaiming himself a preacher or a healer. The woman thinks he is a blessing from the 'heavens'. She would end up coming to him, as men like these usually claim. Moreover, usually, there is a hint that they can only be healed if she would be his wife and that it is the will of god. Who would want to disobey the will of god? Ah... to have such power.

Sep 1, 2008 22:49
  • DODGER
Sounds like a good scam to me.
How do I get started? I have 85 vacancies. Any takers?.
If only I could keep up….
Dodger.

Sep 2, 2008 22:36
GUEST1546 Islamic court in Nigeria ordered the dude to divorce 82 of his 86 wives or die.

This bloke claims that his sexual prowess was from "god" so that she could surpass any ordinary mortals. He had no choice but to divorce 82.
Sep 3, 2008 20:34
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Sexual prowess? Who is he fooling? Please... ok, I'll stop before I say something censored. O_o
Post a Reply to: Nigerian 'Mohammed' has 86 wives and at least 170 kids
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code