Menu
Russia could destroy NATO ships in 20 minutes
Sep 1, 2008 04:35
  • JOHNNY512
Russia's Black Sea Fleet is capable of destroying NATO's naval strike group currently deployed in the sea within 20 minutes, a former fleet commander said on friday

Russia's General Staff said on Tuesday there were 10 NATO ships in the Black Sea - . Eight more warships are expected to join the group.

"Despite the apparent strength, the NATO naval group in the Black Sea is not battle-worthy," Admiral Eduard Baltin said. "If necessary, a single missile salvo from the Moskva missile cruiser and two or three missile boats would be enough to annihilate the entire group."

"Within 20 minutes the waters would be clear," he said, stressing that despite major reductions, the Black Sea Fleet still has a formidable missile arsenal.

What do you think? Can Russia defeat NATO ships in bBack Sea within 20 minutes?

Sep 1, 2008 16:10
GUEST58123 yes, but is a declaration of war. Battle ships have no function in any modern (USA technology) war, until the oppositions infrastructure is 100 % destroyed.

Brit in Germany

Sep 1, 2008 16:44
  • DAVEC
Of course they could, same as NATO could destroy theirs in 20 minutes, same as NATO could nuke every Russian city in 10 minutes.
Its just men trying to act tough, they all know what they are capable of.
Sep 1, 2008 21:19
  • YINDUFFY
Maybe they could. But what would their fleet and military look like the next day after retaliation? they are playing a dangerous game.
Sep 1, 2008 23:10
  • DODGER
Years ago I found myself floating around the Med on a gray funnel line and woke up to find we had been completely surrounded by what was then the USSR Black sea fleet.
They moved to within a few feet of us, one on the starboard side, one on the port side and one dead ahead.
The Skipper had the Jolly Roger run up and ordered us to open fire. Which we promptly did…..with beer cans.
Their ships look like they hadn’t seen a coat of paint in years and the crew looked like they could have all done with a scrub.
They seemed happy to receive the beer and having seen that their intimidation didn’t work they backed off.
If they have a seaworthy fleet now, which I doubt I can’t see their combat readiness improving.
Back in the sixties when they had the biggest war machine in the World they did not attack Europe simply because they knew they could not get away with it.
Dodger.
Sep 1, 2008 23:25
  • JCNILE123
Have I suffered overwhelming defeat as the Soviets did, I will be bitter for the rest of my life too.
Sep 4, 2008 22:48
GUESTHANK YES i have no doubt that Russia is indeed capable of destroying the entire NATO fleet even though they may not be technologically superior. 20 minutes may be too much of a boast though... 2 hours more credible. Personally i feel US/NATO are the ones mainly responsible for creating troubles in the world - they these Americans and Europeans are the expansionists, the threat to other countries. I hope Russia will stop Western military aggression.
Post a Reply to: Russia could destroy NATO ships in 20 minutes
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code