Menu
Looking for travel information
Sep 2, 2008 10:06
guest31101 Hello

I have just moved to beautiful Yuxi in the Yunnan province which is just a little piece of heaven. Being new to the area I really want to visit places of interest any advice on what places are not to be missed in this city? I didn't want to read books which advise you to visit certain areas as I like the element of surprise and am just looking for advice from natives or people who have been to Yuxi.

Also I have been fascinated by the stone forest and want to know how can I get there and how far is it from Yuxi? Is it fairly easy to get a bus or train to places of interest?

Any information would be greatly appreciated and I hope to hear from someone soon.

Thank you

S.Play xxxx
Sep 3, 2008 10:46
  • ELLYSE
Yuxi is pretty much off the tourist trail for most Westerners.
To get to Stone Forest, you'll have to get to Shilin or Kunming then get a bus.
Sep 3, 2008 22:34
GUEST28224 thanks for the advice
Sep 4, 2008 12:01
GUEST22076 On the way to the Stone Forest, there is another interesting place not mentioned in guidebooks d to go there which some people find more interesting than the Stone Forest, something like a cave that you go below ground level.

I could be wrong, or is it on the way to West Mountain ?? Someone please help to furnish the info. I am looking forward to go there soon.
Oct 24, 2008 22:15
  • ELLYSE
I think that's Jiuxiang.
Nov 25, 2008 20:39
GUEST24230 Dear all,

I would like to go and visit the Yun nan the last week of December.
What would the weather be like by then?
I would land at Kunming. My plan would be go to Lijiang and shangri La - dont know if I have enough time as I'll be there for 5 days.

Many thanks!
Nov 26, 2008 01:58
  • ELLYSE
If you have only 5 days, I would advise sticking to Kunming, Lijiang and Tiger Leaping Gorge. No Shangri-La.
Post a Reply to: Looking for travel information
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code