Menu
VISA EXTENSIONS IN HONG KONG OR SHANGHAI
Sep 3, 2008 00:09
  • ROBERTL
My 6 month visa will be finished oct 20th is getting a 60 day extension hard to get
in hong kong or Shanghai. I have filed for fiancee visa should be processed by march 2009 I really want to stay in china until then.
Any sugestions very welcome please.
Sep 4, 2008 21:00
  • APAULT
You can go to the office in Pudong, Shanghai where they will probably only give you a 1 month visa. If you go to HK you should be ab;e to get 3a 3 month visa or a mu;tiple entry visa ao you can stay longer. If you have connections or care to pay a Shanghai visa agency you might be able to get a longer visa there, perhaps an F visa. Look for an ad for such a company, I kmow they exist...one used to advertise in here, and probably still does.
Sep 5, 2008 07:02
  • ROBERTL
This is the letter I recieved 9/4/08 from Hong Kong visa office

I AM ON VISTOR VISA FROM USA
at present I am living in Ganzhou China with 6 month
L visa it expires October 20th 2008.
Can I get another 6month visa or a visa that I can
stay in China until April 1st 2009?
What date do I need to come to Hong Kong to get this
done. And do you have a service that I can get my
visa in one day?

============================================================
"the answer they give me
Applicant is required to apply his/her Chinese visa from the Embassy or Consulate-General of Peoples' Republic of China in the country where he/she resides or works permanently. "
============================================================

so as of now it looks like I am going to spend $1300.00 R/T air ticket to go get a $100.00 visa
HOW MUCH MORE INEFFICIENT CAN YOU GET THAN THIS
CHINA IS NOT OPENING UP THEY ARE CLOSING UP
Sep 6, 2008 09:44
  • APAULT
Robert, the tight rules were introduced for the Olympics and Paralympics....so we were told. Everyone is expecting a return to normality after the Paralympics (I am watching the Opening Ceremony as I type), but there is no official word on exactly when.

If your visa expires on the 20th Oct you should (!!) be OK and be able to get a visa from HK. If your visa expires 20 Oct, clearly you must leave no later than midnight on that day. If you go to the HK office before 10 am you can normally get a new visa the same day after 10n am you can usually collect the next morning) for a high fee (esp for US citizens), 4 dayts for the normal fee I am planning to travel to HK on 1 Oct in anticipation of a visa soon after that, but who knows?! Another factor is that there may be a backlog slowing things down.
Sep 7, 2008 23:37
  • APAULT
And....NO, China is actually quite open. It has many confusing and inconsistent rules, but it has only been opening for some 20 or 30 years.

I would suggest that there are just as many issues with regulations in the US, not the least the inconsistencies between State and Federal Laws (as we have in Aus too).

Of course China can be very frustrating and it is known in TCG that I vent my frustration from time to time, but I have the same problems in my own countries too. National administrations are all inefficient!
Sep 13, 2008 23:27
  • BARONTWANGLE
Robert - the best thing to do is just go back to the United States of Jesus and stay there. Your fellow worshippers at your local Evangelical church are probably missing you by now. Please go back.
Sep 14, 2008 02:59
  • ROBERTL
Thank you Apault
And to you Barontwa

I'll say a prayer for you I think you need a lot of them.

I don't know who pulled your chain and yes I do believe in God apparently you don't. this forum was started for people to help each other. And your opinion is sure not helping or needed either. I really do hate to disappoint you but I have found a way to stay here another 6 months without going anywhere. I was going to post my information here today but now because of you I will only give it to anyone that PM's me.
Sep 14, 2008 21:38
  • BARONTWANGLE
Robert - maybe you should read back over some of your previous threads to see why people aren't so willing to help you. You make racist remarks and do nothing but complain about China. On top of this you come across as someone who is very closed minded, arrogant, and not very intelligent. The fact that you believe in God proves this. I suppose you also believe the world was created 6000 years ago (shortly after the invention of the wheel!), and that woman is made from man's rib?

My suggestion to you would be to go and get educated, stop being racist, and respect other peoples' cultures (something most Americans seem to have a problem with, as they always think that their way of doing things is the best way).

P.S - I deny the Holy Spirit - see you in hell dude.
Sep 16, 2008 05:07
  • ROBERTL
YOU WON'T SEE ME THERE HOPE YOU ENJOY THE STAY THERE IN HELL

IF I DIDN'T LOVE CHINA WHY WOULD I LOOK FOR A WAY TO STAY HERE???
Sep 16, 2008 17:11
  • BARONTWANGLE
Robert - if you loved China, you wouldn't be looking for fellow Americans to hang out with, and you wouldn't be planning to take your wife back to the United States of Jesus. On that note, it is nice to see your Christian philosophies coming to the fore - "Love thy neighbour", "Forgive those who sin", "Peace to all", etc. You demonstrate these perfectly with your "Enjoy your stay in hell" comment. Well done, you are clearly God's shining star.
Sep 18, 2008 04:25
GUESTNINGBO Go to the agency man, now everything is cool.
Ask how much, they will ask how long, pay it and you ve got the visa in 1 week.
Simple as it is.
P.S. about opnening china - I never saw a country that you can easily go in a agency and buy a visa forr 1, 3, 6 or 12 months.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: VISA EXTENSIONS IN HONG KONG OR SHANGHAI
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code