Menu
Ancestral village in/near Xiamen
Sep 4, 2008 10:01
  • SCHIZOIDE
Not sure whether this is really related or not, but who knows someone here might be able to help me ...

I'm looking for my family's ancestral village which is supposed to be near Xiamen (or perhaps now part of), but I only know its name in minnan dialect, which is: Ching A Bway / Ching Nga Bway. The clan name is cai/chua.

Does anyone know where this village might be and what the name is in mandarin? I'd like to go there one day.

Thanks a lot!
Nov 17, 2008 08:43
GUEST39163 I Would like to look for my family who was lost for long time ago... Have been trying to ask friend from China to look ard if they have anyone know this person. But up till now there is no news. Therefore, would like to try my luck over here and hope there is chances where the next generation or so will read this and get contact with me.
The person name that i am looking for is Shue Zhong Nai.. If you have any person who know this person, pls help to write me at yahoo.com|nel1664 or tel to +62 81 311 286838

Thks a lot
Nov 19, 2008 06:39
  • APAULT
That's a bit like the exterme outsider winning the Derby 2 years in a row!!

Nov 20, 2008 08:39
  • JABAROOTOO
Yes could use a bit more information about the origins of this second request.
Oct 16, 2009 10:55
  • TONGPENG
Hello Schizoide and Guest39163, you can trace by these names. Every surname is typical to a village. To give a easy try, you must provide yr father or grandfather name. The most important your ancestral speaking dialect! To tell you the best place to get them is a clan association or grave of any relative. Most important to be accurate you must not provide or quote names in Hanyi pinying. Chinese character is most useful.
Post a Reply to: Ancestral village in/near Xiamen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code