Menu
Domestic violence is not a family matter!
Sep 5, 2008 03:03
  • CHERRY07
From now on, domestic is not a family matter any more. If your husband imposes family violence on you, just call 110. The police will help you as soon as possible. The news says that the Ministry of Public Security, ACWF(All-China Women's Federation) and other 7 departments have released a new rule that requires the police stations to handle family violence cases when people ask help or complain to them.

Do you think it will help curb family violence to some extent?

Sep 5, 2008 09:22
  • LIONPOWER
Yes, I think, it will be helpful.
Sep 7, 2008 20:56
  • ZOEY
That's good news. But I want to know how the police deal with these matters. If they just reconcile both sides, the problem can't be solved.
Sep 9, 2008 18:08
  • WCTMAN
I don't think it will help at all. The local police, at least here in Xi'An, have a policemans uniform on, but that is about it. They are not trained to handle domestic disputes. About all they are good for is driving friends and family around to the shopping centers.
Sep 9, 2008 20:29
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I do know of some domestic violence situations where the police played as a marriage counselor or say it is a family matter that the police shouldn’t mess with. Then the very next day, someone ends up dead because they just closed their eyes to what’s really happening.

In the first place, I wonder if a woman who is being battered would really call the police if she knows that her family affairs will be exposed and the entire family will lose face. If she is being battered by her husband, I don’t think her in-laws will appreciate her calling the police on him. What do you think? And then, what happens after she calls the police? Will she be able to support herself? What about the children? Will she still live in the same house? This is why I like strong women, not the meek who would allow herself to be battered. They should know how to protect themselves.
Post a Reply to: Domestic violence is not a family matter!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code