Menu
Should teachers receive gifts from students on Teacher's Day?
Sep 9, 2008 03:55
  • BLUESKY001
Teacher's Day falls on September 10th every year in China. Chinese people celebrate this special day to pay tribute to their teachers. Students sent gifts to their teachers. The gifts are varied ranging from flower to other expensive items. Nowadays, the students are competing against each other to send their teachers "high-priced" items. Some netizens propose that teachers are prohibited from receiving gifts from their students. Is there "a Teacher's Day" in your country? Should teachers receive gifts from their students on the special day?
Sep 9, 2008 04:39
  • LENAQIAN
When I was in my schooldays, we send cards with bless word to our teachers. Besides, we would invite our teachers to the party we hold to celebrate this special holiday. It is really impressive.

Sep 9, 2008 04:46
  • LENAQIAN
Nowadays, such a pure holidays seems being polluted with bribe. Many parents use this special day to send special gifts to their children's teachers. Two days ago, i red in the internet that the gift from some parents is "Touring Japan"!
Sep 9, 2008 04:47
  • LENAQIAN
Two days ago, i read in the internet that the gift from some parents is "Touring Japan"!
Sep 9, 2008 20:50
  • SHESGOTTOBE
It is not the gift that’s the problem. The problem is what that gift represents. Many times, those gifts are bribes so that the teacher would be pressured to give high marks or pass students even though they don’t deserve it. Or a way to show off to classmates and teachers as well. It would be nice though if the gift really represents that appreciation of the teachers. Hope it is.
Sep 9, 2008 21:01
  • KEVIN0518
Some parents have no other ways except bribing their children's teachers. Other parents send special gifts to the teachers, if you don't, your children will be treated differently.
Sep 9, 2008 23:15
  • JCNILE123
If the teacher is worth the present, Yes.
Post a Reply to: Should teachers receive gifts from students on Teacher's Day?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code