Menu
Huangshan to honcun back to tunxi
Sep 9, 2008 13:31
  • PBARANGU
my friend an i want to visit honcun after we stay a night at the top of huangshan but is it hard to find transportation from the scenic area to honcun and from honcun back to tunxi? how far is honcun from the bottom of huangshan (we're staying at xihai hotel)? how long does it take to get from honcun back to tunxi? and finally, how do i go about accessing this site (i understand you have to pay since it's a cultural site)? let me know!!! THANKS!!!!
Sep 9, 2008 20:07
  • BONONG
There is no public bus between Huangshan and Hongcun.
The best way I think is to transfer back to Tunxi from Huangshan, stay overnight there and visit Hongcun the next day.
There is direct bus between Tunxi and Hongcun.
Entrance fee of Hongcun: 80rmb.
The last bus Hongcun-Tunxi is around 16:00
Sep 9, 2008 22:39
GUEST29199 The best way is to book a taxi,the money of the taxi is 260RMB,from the bottom of huangshan to hongcun,other way is that book a taxi from huangshan scenic area to tunxi ,just 150 rmb,than go to bus station to buy ticket to hongcun , if you need some help ,sent e-mail to me :hotmail.com|hurongfeng0559, i am very glad to help you.
Sep 9, 2008 23:36
  • BONONG
Well there are regular buses Huangshan-Tunxi right at the bottom of Huangshan till late afternoon, you don't need to take a taxi, which is much more expensive.
You can choose to stay overnight in Tunxi or Hongcun. If you transfer directly to Hongcun from Huangshan, you have to pay so much for taxi, and you will reach Hongcun not earlier than late afternoon, coz it usually takes a whole morning for climbing down Huangshan, and then some hours for travelling Huangshan-Hongcun. And lastly you would not have enough time for exploring Hongcun which is a very beautiful village.
And you will miss the last bus Hongcun-Tunxi which departs around 16:00 and you will stay overnight in Hongcun.
I mean if you go to Hongcun directly from Huangshan, you will pay much more money and still would not save your time.
Sep 10, 2008 14:08
  • PBARANGU
so do you think it is nearly impossible to leave huangshan (from the top of the mountian, our hotel is the Xihai hotel) early in the morning, take the cable car down, hitch a ride to hongcun on a taxi (at the bottom), visit hongcun for a few hours then head back to tunxi in time to catch a train that leaves at 930pm? i'm just trying to get a sense of how far hongcun is from the bottom of huangshan.
Sep 10, 2008 20:55
  • BONONG
If you start very early, use taxi for the whole trip and don't mind just have a glance at each location, you can complete in 1 day.
Post a Reply to: Huangshan to honcun back to tunxi
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code