Menu
Should National Day holiday be cancelled?
Sep 11, 2008 02:03
  • CHERRY07
The May Day holiday has been cancelled. Now Cai Ming, a professor of Qinghua University, suggests that National Day holiday should be cancelled too if the condition gets better and better. "If a paid leave policy can be implemented well by companies, the weeklong National Day holiday can be scrapped in the future," he said.

Most people strongly oppose to cancel National Day holiday. An online survey says that nearly 80 percent of 50,000 participants don't agree to delete National Day Holiday from the calendar. Cai said that "if a paid leave policy can be implemented well by companies, then the national day holiday can be cancelled." However, the paid leave policy is not implemented very well. On the other hand, three gold weeks (May Day Holiday, National Day Holiday and Spring Festival Holiday) have been cut to two. People just want to use National Day holiday to travel or reunite with their families. If National Day holiday was cancelled, there is only one golden week left---Spring Festival. Too inconvenient! What's more, the reform will cause big losses to the tourism industry.

What do you think? Should National Day holiday be cancelled?

Sep 11, 2008 04:28
  • LENAQIAN
I strongly disagree with Cai Ming's suggestion. Compared with other countries, Chinese People enjoy much fewer paid leave. They have a little time to stay with their family. Besides, most people in private companies could not enjoy their legal paid leave due to many factors. The paid leave system in China needs improvement.
Sep 11, 2008 05:14
  • BARONTWANGLE
Cancel it as soon as possible.
Sep 11, 2008 18:19
  • WCTMAN
China needs to implement a civilized holiday procedure for employees. As it is, everyone has vacation at the same time, with the result that travel is ridiculously stupid, and lineups and mobs of people are everywhere you want to go.
Sep 11, 2008 20:28
  • JIMMYB
Don't worry, you guys. It is said that the national day holiday will at least last for ten years.

Baron, you are not a Chinese so that you don't know what Chinese people think about the issue. When the National Day holiday comes, I can go back home to visit my parents. Last year, I could go back during May Day holiday. However, it was cancelled this year. If the national holiday was cancelled, I have to wait until the Spring Festival. That is too bad. Just hope the government can think it twice before implementing this policy.

Sep 18, 2008 04:07
GUEST9655 Somebody made a compromise. The national day holiday can be cancelled but the Spring Festival holiday should be prolonged. What do you think of this idea?
Sep 18, 2008 22:09
  • JIMMYB
Guest9655, that might be a good idea as long as we can have longer Spring Festival holidays. Better be the same as those students who have winter vacation.
Post a Reply to: Should National Day holiday be cancelled?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code