Menu
Tailors in Beijing
Sep 14, 2008 10:26
Well, now that my travel plans are pretty much sorted, I have been thinking of what little souvenirs I could buy to remind myself of China. I've decided that it may be nice to have a suit made up and since I'm in Beijing for 6 days, that is probably the best place to have it done. I've read the old threads and they mostly from around 2005, so I thought I would ask afresh!

Can anyone recommend a good tailor in Beijing that can make western suits, ties and shirts? I'm really interested in people who have actually had this done, but if anyone can recommend a tailor that's good to. I'm interested in having a western style suit made, since I'll be using it for business and would probably just look silly in a traditional Chinese suit.

Also what sort of price whould I be looking at? I know it'll vary, so just interested in a rough price.

Finally, how long does the process take?

Hope someone can help...

Thanks,

Dave

Sep 14, 2008 22:50
GUEST11139 I too just arrived and are looking for the same thing. A suit or 2 and a few nice shirts. My name is also Dave! Will be checking back here for responses..

Thanks!
Sep 16, 2008 07:50
Can anyone give a recommendation? Carol & Luc seem to be a well-known one - has anyone used them?

Dave
Oct 23, 2008 21:24
  • ZHANGZHI
hongdu tailor`s shop is very famous in beijing ,anyone who indigene over 30year`s old positived know. it has 50 years tailor`s experience, hongdu have his own website. www.caifengdian.com .his price olny need 440 and suit fibric price . .a very good man suit only need over 1000 rmb (us.$150)to 1500rmb(us$220).it is very good at copy now style from picture .whatever complex suit .chinese cheong-sam(a antiquated chinese suit people wear in qing dynasty is good to be a remembrance)it can make the photo to reality.there phone is 861063519282.English language customservice :13671213111
Dec 18, 2008 23:23
GUEST80243 i made four suits in Carol & Luc tailor shop , actully i just made one to try the quality in the shop , after finished the first suit i feel really very good , very nice cutting , it's fitted , but , not feel uncomfortable , feel really very good , then they told me they keep my size already ,next time they needn't measure me again if my size haven't change , then i made three suits more , just takes two days . i have two suit cost 1000rmb for each , and is 1200rmb and 1400rmb for another two .

i do hope the people can try Carol's quality , she is really very nice lady . i heard that she just finished the study from a British tailor , i think she got lots of new thing for the tailors .

the website is : www.thebeijingtailor.com

Tom
Oct 3, 2009 09:26
GUEST81697 I can make suit in 24hours. We specialize in European, American and Chinese traditional style, we ensure the fit is perfect with every clothes and we are proud of our reasonable and competitive price.cashmere siut(700---1500);cotton shirt(80----180)

We custom a wide range of clothes, such as tailored suits, tuxedos, sport jacket, pants topcoats and shirts, evenning dress, chinese qipao, chinese style jacket. Come to us with photos, drawing or just ideas on your dreamt evenning dress or tailored suit, and our team will be pleased to bring you their skills and savoir-faire to create your own and unique clothe.
Oct 4, 2009 09:33
GUEST81697 I can make suit for you.we specialize in European, American and Chinese traditional style, we ensure the fit is perfect with every clothes and we are proud of our reasonable and competitive price.

We make clothes in 24hours;We custom a wide range of clothes, such as tailored suits, tuxedos, sport jacket, pants topcoats and shirts, evenning dress, chinese qipao, chinese style jacket. Come to us with photos, drawing or just ideas on your dreamt evenning dress or tailored suit, and our team will be pleased to bring you their skills and savoir-faire to create your own and unique clothe.
. If you want make about 800¥-1500¥。I can do it use best quality. The shirt is 80--180¥. The silk dress is 750--1200¥.
My store in the Radisson SAS hotel (first floor) of BEIJING Chnia(北京皇家大饭店)
Add:6A East Beisanhuan Road,Chaoyang District,Beijing 100028,People's Republic of China (中国北京朝阳区北三环东路甲六号)
My mobil phone :(+0086)13521801488 My Email:163.com|jarytailor24hours
WELLCOME
Nov 22, 2009 09:18
GUEST22036 Hello I just got back from Beijing, I am italian, and got impressed with a very curious shop there. They are 2 spanish designers which are living actually in Beijing (first surprise) so no language problems, they got the idea of what I needed suddenly, and the cost was ridiculous (starting from 1,200rmb).
I definetly recommend them. The brand they have is called THE BAUER COMPANY.
And their contact number in the bussiness card I got is 0086 137 17935156.
Hope that helps!
And hello to Beijing, I miss it so much!
Post a Reply to: Tailors in Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code