Menu
My Mid-autumn Day
Sep 15, 2008 08:53
  • GZHHBSTERRY
This is my 25th Mid-autumn day. It’s been a long time I didn’t celebrate it in hometown, sometimes because of work, sometimes because of study.

I remember when I was a child, Mid-autumn day is one of my favorite day. Because on that day, we can have many kinds of delicious food and we can play lanterns with our pal.

That time, every family will set one table outside or inside the house from where they can see the moon and keep different kinds of food on it. There will be all kinds of fruit, river-snail, moon cake, star biscuit, chicken and some other food which we like to eat. All family members will sit around the table, enjoy the food and the beautiful moon, talking and laughing.

On Mid-autumn day, the moon is the roundest in a year. And it‘s an uneasy time for a family to get together too. So we call that moment “full moon, full family”.

At that time, I will hold my little lantern and run out with my fellows. We will go to the dark place and light it with our lanterns. Suddenly, the dark place becomes colorful.

Now Mid-autumn day has become not that interesting. Everything‘s the same, but the mood has changed. Anyway, it‘s still an uneasy moment for my family to get together.

Post a Reply to: My Mid-autumn Day
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code