Menu
Why do we kill each other in the name of God?
Feb 20, 2009 11:58
  • SETH
Nice to see you again Joshirv57 or BlueYankee, or whoever.

Go online and Google: "killing in the name of God". You will get approximately 3,120,000 hits.

Please read them ALL, and present us a compilation of total killings in the name of God.

I think you would find the question is very admissable.

Mar 5, 2009 00:32
GUESTEXAS Nah we kill in the name of democracy. God bless America.
Mar 19, 2009 00:43
GUEST16273 I agree with you that horrible crimes against humanity have been done in the name of the Christian god. The debate on whether more good than bad has been done by Christians is a debate in itself. I would like to say that although I am not Christian myself I did grow up in a Christian household and I can say without a doubt that my mother, aunts and grandparents were all devote Christians and were some of the most honest, selfless, giving people I have ever met. I'm not defending the Bible, I believe there are things within this book that are so contradictive to common sense you want to pull your hair out but there are also passages that make your heart warm and would make me believe in a higher power...almost...lol I honestly think in the end people who bend religious texts to validate harm against our fellow man are the problem and not the books themselves.

Mar 26, 2009 19:42
  • COOLSPRINGS
Human's fatality is subject to his own limitations-Love and Hate or Brith and Death cycle eternally. Here is a touching French Love song from a classical Russian WWII movie - Teheran 1943 -which I saw long time ago in mainland china. The movie shots accompanied by this love song reflects what i state above.
Mar 27, 2009 13:12
  • GARYKINKADE
I have to agree with GUEST 16273 in the statements made ; a person , nation or religious
sects that sometimes(but not always) uses God to their own benefit.
Mar 28, 2009 12:50
  • MARRIE
to use God to run charity business, to learn theology and choose clergy as career and, to use church as shleter when becoming illegal residents and to utilize God to earn reputation.. Human being is always taking advantage of God for satisfy thier own selfish aims.
Mar 28, 2009 22:07
  • GARYKINKADE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfri5tMXfc4
Mar 29, 2009 15:12
  • MARRIE
Gary, there is another one from pink floyd decribing Nazi's carpet boming in London without notice.
Mar 29, 2009 19:57
  • GARYKINKADE
Hey...MARRIE....thanks , you're a good kid.
I tried bringing the previous url in as video, but no luck.
My copy and paste skills are lacking. If you could bring in as video I would appreciate it.
Thanks.....gary
Mar 29, 2009 20:37
  • MARRIE
Gary, I remember a guy named Arthur like pink floyd too.

I can do nothing more than copy and past.

I find nothng can FREE human being but human being himself. We should learn how to enter the society(fight or competition) and how to be out of the society as well (take a look at the Taoism). Gradually we should find we are improving.

Page 7 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why do we kill each other in the name of God?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code