Menu
how to get a passport from China, as Chinese person ?
Sep 18, 2008 23:00
  • SEEKER2K
hi

i am very unfamiliar with the system and bureaucracy in China. so i have several questions about it.

1. here in the states, i use my Drivers License as my main for of ID. sometimes, i have to add Social Security number on official documents as well. On very rare occasions, i use birth certificate, or my passport.

so my 1st question is, what are the equivalents of such, in China.

i heard there is some residency book ? what is that ? how does that work ?

2. in USA, i simply apply for a passport, submit necessary documentation with 2 photos, and i am done. i get my passport.

my 2nd question, what does a Chinese person have to do to obtain a passport. could someone please explain the process and requirements to me ?

and i am aware of the visa issues, but i am just inquiring about the passport 1st.

thank you.
Sep 22, 2008 08:19
  • JABAROOTOO
Can't be sure of the exact procedure but every Chinese national has an ID card which they would use to apply for a visa like we would use a birth certificate etc.

You'll have to wait for one of the Nationals to give you some more details
Sep 24, 2008 10:12
GUEST73189 My fiancee took her hukou ben (family id booklet) photos and money and made the application at her home police station (it must be in there home town). They then sent the passport to her by EMS to the city where she studies within a week. All in all, a proficient system but better if they could apply from any city.
Sep 30, 2008 07:59
  • SEEKER2K
cool, thanks that clarified a bit. i'm still a little unclear on the whole thing though.
Post a Reply to: how to get a passport from China, as Chinese person ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code