Menu
Dental advice?
Sep 21, 2008 08:04
guest23187 Evening all

Any recomendations on a good dentist who can help replace one tooth with a porcelin veneer. Local or international dentists are fine as long as they dont cost the earth.

Thank you
Sep 22, 2008 18:53
  • BARONTWANGLE
Er - which city? doh!
Sep 23, 2008 03:58
  • APAULT
The city is not an issue. I have received treatment in two cities (and many many dentists is the UK and Aus, so can tell what is happening as they prod and poke!). Most Chinese will try to get you to go to a hospital, but I prefer to select from ones in the street unless you require truly international standards. The dentist is unlikely to speak English so you will need a competent interpreter. I brief mine first as to the problems and my expectations. There seems a reluctance to use anaesthetics so you might want to discuss this first...though for a porcelain veneer I guess you won't need one.

They typically offer various quality materials and will quote u a price. As with everything in China, don't let on that price is not the issue! I recently received a crown (I assume that is a veneer in your terminology) for 1000 rmb, cheaper is available. Simple but quite large amalgam fillings cost me around 100 to 120 rmb.
Sep 23, 2008 21:50
  • BARONTWANGLE
Paul - "many many dentists is the UK and Aus", and you are an English teacher!!

I have never gone to a Chinese dentist, and I never will. My girlfriend went to one about a year ago to have a check up and a clean. To cut a long story short, the dentist removed most of the enamel from her teeth, and she ended up having to get them repaired in the UK at a cost of £2000. I have never seen so much blood come out of someone's mouth on a check up - the guy was a butcher.
Sep 24, 2008 11:51
GUESTFRANCEQ... I have never seen so much blood come out of someone's mouth

Heavens!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So many bacteria in a komodo dragon.
It's the dentist ok???? I'm worry about the poor man.
Sep 24, 2008 21:33
  • BARONTWANGLE
Guestfra - I am sorry, I don't understand your humour. I would like to however, so can you explain?
Sep 25, 2008 09:14
  • APAULT
Baron. It is not my skill at English which was the issue in the phrase "many many dentists is the UK and Aus", but my keyboard skills. The 'is' should have been 'in', then it makes better sense. Only one typo is good for me !

(I am sure that on another pc I had a spellchecker in here (well it had strange American spelllings, but a spellchecker, anyway) but I don't have one at the moment).
Sep 25, 2008 09:19
  • APAULT
I agree that there will be some like the 'butcher' you describe, but I wouldn't totally write them off. I'm not sure the 2000 pounds cost in the UK says much, from what I have heard, you have to pay that much just to get through the dentist's front door.
Jan 20, 2010 12:19
GUEST79188 Has anyone received root canal treatment in China recently?

More specifically, has anyone visited a dentist in KUNMING for root canal treatment owing to a tooth nerve infection?

I have a cracked and infected Lower Right 6 tooth which technically is a molar with 2 roots and 2 canals, as far as I know, and I wonder how much others have paid and whether the dentists were any good.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
Post a Reply to: Dental advice?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code