Menu
Do we still need Flight/Hotel Reservations for Visa App?
Sep 21, 2008 22:42
guest11299 Hi, now that the Olympics and Paralympics are over, is it still a requirement to have flight and hotel reservations to apply for the China Visa?
Sep 22, 2008 04:24
  • BARONTWANGLE
Everything should now be back to normal. So no flight or hotel reservation is needed
Sep 22, 2008 08:08
  • JABAROOTOO
I have just been into apply for my visa in Australia and most still require a ticket and an itinerary but not hotel reservations.

Be prepared. I was asked for my ticket for a student Visa and we were informed that Tourist and Business visa also required ticket and itinerary

I have also heard that the situation is back to normal in Hong Kong. meaning that there is very little extra needed.
Sep 25, 2008 08:57
  • APAULT
Strange that Jabs: in Sydney it seems we returned to the old system Monday 22nd September. As before they ask you to list where you are going. No ticket was asked for.

I hear that visas are also being issued in HK as before.
Sep 25, 2008 20:15
  • TURQUANZ
You can apply tourist visa from hong kong
Sep 26, 2008 11:32
GUEST14178 Thanks everyone for reply. I'm applying for the visa in San Francisco, CA (US). First, I'm flying Taiwan and then purchasing my flight to China from there. This is why I ask. I guess I should wait it out since my trip is not til Nov. Crossing my fingers that it’ll go back to normal soon. This is a pain in the a$$!
Sep 28, 2008 04:30
  • APAULT
It seems we are back to normal now..you should have no 'Olympic' problems - I did not need to submit a flight confirmation (In Aus) last week.
Sep 29, 2008 17:51
  • GAFFER
Having had to supply address detaills for a recent visit to Guangzhou (as I wasn't staying in an hotel) and having also heard of increased activity in checking alien visitors credentials I diligently presented myself at the local police station to register as required by law. In hindsight "risking it" would have been a better idea. It took three visits to complete the task. First visit, not enough papers and copies despite checking what we needed first.Second visit (in pouring rain) the internet connection failed at the police station, and totally confused about the order in which my name should be (English or Chinese style), registration attempt aborted. Third visit (in pouring rain) finally got the required registration after about an hour but I think I ended up married to someone..... Thankfully there were no queues. If anyone is fool enough to do this don't even think about it without a Chinese interpreter in tow.
Oct 2, 2008 22:25
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Gaffer,
That's a strange experience. I've done this on several occasions and the worst problem was going to the wrong police station to register. i.e. you have to register in the location you live and don't always know where the boundaries are.

I went this week but the office was closed fior the holiday however I asked the policeman on duty to record that I had come in to register. I did not want a slap over the wrist when I did return over a week later when the office would re-open.

He kindly made a phone call to the staff who where not in and taking thier advice filled in a form, took my passport details and name and told me what day and time to return.

I also wrote his sevice number on the paper to confirm that I had at least tried to do the correct thing within a day or two of landing in China.

On two previous occasions that I have personally registered it has taken barely fifteen minutes to complete the forms and prodecures.

Oct 3, 2008 06:01
  • GAFFER
Jabarootoo,

Maybe the police station in the district I was staying in wasn't accustomed to dealing with alien visitors or registrations. I certainly don't see many western faces when I'm there. Everything was entered onto a computer including scanning documents, but whatever connection it needed wasn't working. However, we still needed to bring photo copies of all the documents with us and answer some quite personal questions about relationships. I'm not sure if the police lady couldn't find the correct box to tick but I think we ended up married.... and now I know what my name looks like in Chinese characters :o) I was assured that as my details are now recorded it will be much quicker/easier next time.
Dec 2, 2008 03:17
GUEST80231 what is the situation in the uk do you still need flight tickets and hotel booking or has the situation gone back to how it was before the oylimpics?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do we still need Flight/Hotel Reservations for Visa App?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code