Menu
Yunnan plans - advice appreciated
Sep 21, 2008 22:58
Hey All

Would really appreciate your advice on my planned itineary to Yunnan. I'm super flexible, pls feel free to offer me a better alternative ! I'm super budgeting it, so its buses everywhere .....

Day
1- Arrive Kunming - Go to Dali, spend the late evening there.
2- Dali - Should I see the Erhai Lake or Cangshan ? Can I walk to the 3 pagodas?
3- Dali to Lijiang - Spend day in Lijiang exploring the town, black dragon pool.
4- Lijiang - Jade Dragon Snow mtn & Yak meadow & Baisha village?
5- Lijiang - What to do ???
6 - Tiger Leaping Gorge
7- TLG to Zhongdian
8- Zhongdian
9- Back to Kunming....home.

I have an extra day (day 5)... should I spend it in Dali or Lijiang or Zhongdian???

My main concern is finding my bus from Qiatou to Zhongdian, are there a lot of buses?

Greatly appreciate your advice !

Thanks all!
Crystal from Singapore
Sep 22, 2008 08:02
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Crystal,

You can easily use your five extra days between Lijiang, TLG and Zhongdian. Sorry I can't help you with bus details but there are usually buses going past on the way to other towns and cities that you can find a seat on. Ask on arrival in Lijiang or Qiaotou

have a good trip
Sep 23, 2008 23:49
  • SGAYIWU
I think Dali and Lijiang are same stely, Lijiang is much better than Dali. I was stay in Lijiang and Zhongdian this summer.
Sep 25, 2008 09:34
GUEST01124 I have just went to those places. Before any suggestions, I wish to know:

1) Are you travelling alone ? Anyone else with you ?
2) What is your purpose of going to Zhongdian ? Take note that there is no major sight except for the ancient town Dukezhung and the largest lama temple outside Tibet, Songtanlin temple. Most people will visit Fei-lai-si to view Meili Snow Mt. or go an hour plus further(by car) to view Mingyong Glazier(1.5 hrs to 2.5 hrs trek each way needed). The journey from Zhongdian to Deqin is spectacular and the part from Deqin to Mingyong is even better.
3) Are you prepared for the 2 days trek in TLG ?
4) Dali old city is NOT as interesting as Lijiang, only that it has the Wall Gate which Lijiang don't. Just a short drive from Lijiang is another ancient town "Su-he" should not be missed.
5) When are you travelling ? Certain time, Jade Dragon Snow Mt has no snow, not worth going if you can go Meili Snow Mt.
6) I suggest you skip Erhai lake or Cangshan. Go for Lugu Lake(which I missed) which everyone saidf is the bvest lake in Yunnan but you need to stay at least one night and the journey is very windy. Or else go for Lasi Lake(near Lijiang) for the horse-ride which is the highlight of the visit.

It all depends on your interest(what you want to SEE and DO) and your BUDGET, TIME, Fitness & Tolerence level. Tell me more and I can give you a better plan.
Oct 26, 2008 01:19
  • ELLYSE
I would choose to spend the extra day in Lijiang.
Post a Reply to: Yunnan plans - advice appreciated
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code