Menu
Harbin - Is next month good to visit ?
Sep 26, 2008 06:26
  • TRAVELLINGUY
Hello,

I am a new member from malaysia and planning to visit Shanghai & Beijing next month. I have 2 extra days, so think of adding in Harbin or Qingtao. Which will you recommend ?

Is next month good to visit ? Without the "ice sculpture" is Harbin it still good for a visit ?
Sep 26, 2008 09:06
  • EMMAYEE
next month? Its not cold enough to have snow,and the ice sculpture fastival begins on Janurary.since u have 2 extra days,why not go to some other places near beijing.Or, u can stay in beijing enjoying the last 2 days.
Sep 26, 2008 17:06
  • GAFFER
I was in Harbin 2 weeks ago on my way further north, Temperature was around 22-24C. but will be getting cooler. I liked the city, It has a nice pedestrian shopping area which is quite busy in the evening. The architecture is quite different to most Chinese cities having a distinct Russian influence. Snow is already falling further north.
Sep 27, 2008 02:21
GUEST07486 If you are lucky, there could be some snow in October, which I guess will be interesting for people from Malaysia. Definitely no ice though.
Oct 25, 2008 10:40
  • ELLYSE
Eh, with only 2 extra days, you'll spend almost half of that in travelling/flights if you go to Harbin or Qingdao. It would be more sensible to pick somewhere more accessible from both cities eg Nanjing, Hangzhou or Suzhou.
Nov 12, 2008 21:00
GUESTJINHUAREN
Hi All...wonder how is the weather in Harbin right now and rest of November?. Think of going somewhere this month to see some snow.
Nov 12, 2008 22:00
  • CHINAGUY
Well next month is good to visit in harbin it was right time to for ice sculpture .
Post a Reply to: Harbin - Is next month good to visit ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code