Menu
Help - about Yunnan travel
Sep 27, 2008 23:01
  • JOSUO
Hi,

My friends & I are coming to Lijiang - Zhongdian - Deqin - Yuanyang in Mid November but still we have some confusions which are:

- Is Yulong Snow Mountaint covered with snow at this time? I mean if we take the horseback tour to go up there, we will hit the snow on our way, right?

- Can we hire a car to Zhongdian? if yes then how much it will about to cost us (8 people)? Is there any travel agent offer this kind of service? ( 'coz we want to stop somtime on the way up to Zhongdian which catching a bus cannot offer)

- I heard that in November the way from Zhongdian to Deqin will be block by the snow and visitors cannot get through. I am really worry about this coz we really want to get to Faleishi and take a trek in Mingyong Glacier.
Can you guys give me some information about this?

- We intend to visit Yuanyang rice terraces but found how to get there is till a big question. Do you guys know where in Kunming we can hire a car to Yuanyang? And by the time we get there, may there any chances that the terraces have been filled with water? ( coz as far as i know, the crop end in October)

Pls help. Tks you!
Sep 30, 2008 04:20
  • TRAVELLINGUY
If you are going to Deqin(for meili snow mountain and mingyong glacier, I presume) then I suggest you skip Yulong Snow Mountain.
How many days are you planning ? There is a 4 days tour that many inns and hotels offer, very cheap that departs from Lijian to Tiger Leaping Gorge - Zhongdian - Deqin and back, stay 3 days in hotel, but a lot of time walking and travelling in the bus everyday. I just did it. Email me yahoo.com|travellinguy for more info.
Oct 26, 2008 01:22
  • ELLYSE
It should be possible to hire a minivan or 4WD for Lijiang -- Zhongdian. I can't remember exactly, but I think minivan would cost around 500 RMB. Note that this price was quoted in winter (off-season).
I went to Deqin and Mingyong Glacier in January. On the way back from Deqin there was a horrific snowstorm all the way and we could only drive extremely slowly. We thanked ourselves for hiring a 4WD instead of taking the normal bus, or else goodness knows how long we would've taken to complete that journey.
You don't need to hire a vehicle to get to Yuanyang. There're buses from Kunming to Yuanyang and back again. Look on http://www.yuanyangwindow.com for more information.
Mar 31, 2009 22:24
GUEST12796 Hi

There is express bus from Kunming directly to YuanYang.

About 7 hours travel time costing around Yuan110 for the 370+KM journey.
Last time was 9am morning

goto:

www.yuanyangwindows.com

There is also bus service from YuanYang to Hekou for cross over to Lao Cai(Vietnam)

6.30am
10.00am
Cost Yuan46
travel time 5 hours
Post a Reply to: Help - about Yunnan travel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code