Menu
Bear! Bear! Bear!
Sep 29, 2008 10:30
  • GRIZ326
I was working on our new chicken coop Sunday when my wife comes running down the hill to warn me about the bear in our yard. It was heading straight at me.

"Bear! Bear! Bear!" she cried....

I looked up and there was a little furry black bear running like hell. I'm certain the poor thing was thinking "Why's this crazy lady chasing me!" (...at least she didn't have her clever in her hand like she did when I shot the cougar :-) )

Afterwards she could not contain her ear-to-ear smile having seen the bear; she told everyone she met about her bear adventure. (BTW - it was a 2 year old black bear probably 100-125 pounds.)

My wife has seen deer, elk, cougar, eagles, skunks, turkey, grouse and now a black bear since she arrived from Nanning. She seems to be adapting well to Montana; she asked me yesterday if she could "pang! pang!" of the turkeys!

The best things in life really are free...it's just everything else that costs so much.
Sep 29, 2008 22:05
  • DODGER
Thanks for sharing the story with us Griz.
It must be difficult for them both to adapt.
Cheers, Dodger.
Sep 30, 2008 14:40
  • GRIZ326
They are both doing pretty well. I think in most ways it is more difficult for our 18 year old. She has a few friends at school, but she left good friends behind. I bought her a used Kawai piano (she plays very well); she has her own computer; and my friend made a loan of his son's first .22 rifle. ...but she stays inside too much...so horseback riding and snow skiing lessons are coming up.
Oct 2, 2008 07:36
Good story Griz, good to know they are settling in well.
Alan
Oct 3, 2008 07:53
  • JCNILE123
I think they are very lucky to live in a beautiful and natural state as Montana.

Congratulations!
Post a Reply to: Bear! Bear! Bear!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code