Menu
Travel by onw car to china
Feb 12, 2005 03:19
  • MUFFTI
somebody now's, if it is possible to travel by onw car from india/pakistan via tibet to china and afther to vietnam laos thailand?

marco
Feb 12, 2005 07:05
  • ELCABRON
Wow,

that is a great trip! On your way back you could stop by and visit me in Europe, too:-)
Feb 13, 2005 21:12
  • MUFFTI
hmm maybe you dit missunderstand me. my english is not the best ;---)))
i am from switzerland and i like to drive by own bus from here to thailand, Malaysia. switzerland, italy, greech, turkey. iran, pakistan, india, china, vietnam, laos, thailand.
my problem is that i do not now if it is possible go to china by own bus.

marco
Feb 14, 2005 02:04
  • ELCABRON
Oh no, I did understand you well.
I just thought if your bus really survives this long trip! It? a long distance and the roads there make every kilometer twice as long!

But I? sorry, I don? know about getting in by car. I once heard that as a foreigner you need a special permit to be allowed to drive a car in China, they don? accept international drivers licenses - they have a different way of interpreting traffic rules:-)
Feb 14, 2005 09:17
  • MERMAID
Yes u got need different permits to drive car in China.
Feb 14, 2005 09:22
  • MERMAID
I remembered having read a post on this forum about foreigners driving cars in China.

I tried to find it out but i could not. you try again and find out relevant info. International license is not allowed anyway.
Feb 15, 2005 05:38
  • FIDLA
you wouldn't catch me dead driving in China. it's too crazy. the traffic laws (especially in the country) appear to be non-existant. But you can hire a driver for 100 RMB a day ($12.50 USD). You can rent a car or go with the driver's car. That's what I do. That way you don't have to worry about the car, insurance or anything. The driver takes care of all that. Just enjoy your trip :)

Feb 15, 2005 09:42
  • MERMAID
Who said the traffic rule is virtually non-existant?
It is improving!
Post a Reply to: Travel by onw car to china
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code