Menu
Luggage Questions connecttion between 2 diffrent airline
Oct 3, 2008 20:41
guestEd We're planning to fly from Beijing to 九寨沟 Jiuzhaigou.
My fly as follow Depart Arrive
海南航空 HU7147 北京-成都 Beijing-Chengdu 10月18日 07:55 10月18日 10:30
南方航空 CZ3641 成都-九寨沟 Chengdu-Jiuzhaigou 10月18日 11:20 10月18日 12:00

Do you think an hour transit is enought time?

And what about check in lagguage, is it straight direct to final destination Jiuzhaigou? or I've to take the luggage out at Chengdu airport and check in again?

Thanks for advice.
Oct 7, 2008 00:47
  • JABAROOTOO
It looks like just 50 mins between flights. If there are any delays you will definately have trouble.
I just did a transit like that from an International flight clearing customs and immigration at close to midnight and getting on a domestic flight including buying the ticket in less than 60 minutes but I would not like to do this too often.

Who booked your flights? You should ask them if your luggage can be checked all the way through to JZG so you just have to get from one flight to the next and let the airlines take care of you luggage.

I would also check to see if you can get an earlier flight out of Beijing just to give you a longer window to transfer.
Oct 7, 2008 00:52
  • JABAROOTOO
Just thinking. If you have been sold a ticket from Beijing to JZG (via Chengdu) then it is the airlines responsibility to get you on the second flight and I would imagine that your luggage will be checked all the way through to JZG in which case you will have enough time to transfer and if either of your flight is delayed for any reason they will have to get you there some other time at thier expense.

Enjoy your visit.
Oct 7, 2008 11:06
GUEST17199 Thanks for the replied.
We decided to leave Beijing early and stay a night at Chengdu, then fly to Jiuzhaigou next morning, so I don't have to worry about my luggage.
Oct 25, 2008 20:08
  • ELLYSE
Definitely not enough time. The check-in for domestic flights closes 45 mins before flight departure time. You won't be able to get off the plane, collect luggage then be in time for check-in for your 2nd flight.
Post a Reply to: Luggage Questions connecttion between 2 diffrent airline
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code