Menu
Poll: How Does the Financial Crisis Affect Your Travel Plan?
Oct 8, 2008 03:03
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 38 vote(s)
  2. 49 vote(s)
  3. 123 vote(s)
  4. 16 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
There is no doubt that U.S. is in an economic recession now due to the credit crunch. Although U.S. authorities have started to implement 700 billion dollars bailout, we still don’t know when this financial crisis will be over. However, US leaders said that the outlook of U.S. economy is bright and America will finally get through difficult situations.

We know that America and its people are going through hard times now. Just wish the financial crisis could be over very soon.

Here TCG community would like to make a poll to know how the financial crisis affects you and your family, especially your travel plans. Please kindly help us finish this poll.
Oct 9, 2008 09:30
  • JOSHIRV57
I would try to avert any crisis before I would attempt to travel any distance or to another country.
Oct 9, 2008 10:44
  • GRIZ326
The "financial crisis" which I believe was engineered has cost me $50000 USD so far. If I cash in my savings, I realize that loss; if I wait for better times there may be no loss. I'm going to hold off a return to China until the economy turns around.

:(
Oct 9, 2008 19:59
  • YINDUFFY
My travel plans were affected more by the high price of Gasoline.
Oct 9, 2008 23:32
GUEST22353 Gosh,Griz326; It is a wonder you hold off going to China.Its hard to understand this rationale you are committing yourself to.Its questioned why you wish
so many people to know of your losses.Could this be involving an Ego Trip,so that you are more comfortable with the fact that other people know your
standing in whatever community you may live in?
Oct 10, 2008 08:58
  • CARLOS
Guest, some of us are not boys any more. Meaning have had plenty of years to make fortune. Invest right time right place and you too will after years have a lot to loose, at least if you´re lucky.
Well, if you loose you are not so lucky any more.

Carlos
Oct 10, 2008 10:29
  • JOSHIRV57
Yeah investing at the right times is important.It must be okay,if you dont lose it all or even half.One time,it was nice being at the top,but it all came tumbling down.
Its one way of looking at it.Its a small problem for some people,who can maintain their health,and savings. Yet,it was the time to begin over,and just never quite
made it back to the world of plenty.
Oct 10, 2008 15:35
  • ERENCIUS
I guess it is better to use money rather than letting it on the market, so I would say that hopefully, the economic crisis won't have any bad effect on my travel plan ;-). It is rather the contrary: things are getting cheaper.
However, as I really begun earning money a year ago and as I was already told that the coming year (this year) was going to be a bad one, I put everything on secured bank accounts. But if unfortunately some of you invested on the market, try not to sell now otherwise you'll suffer great losses.
Oct 10, 2008 22:03
  • MARRIE
No influence to me currently Some of Chinese friends are planning to travle back to China since RMB is becoming harder.

The group of being tremendously hitted is baby boomers because their registerred pension could be half gone if they leave the working force in the near future.

Oct 11, 2008 21:14
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Oh no, whatever is happening in the stock market does not and will not affect my vacation plans. I just came back from a vacation and I am eager to start my travel plan for next year.

To those who likes road trips, these are the best times because the price of gas is going down.
Oct 11, 2008 23:39
  • DAVEC
It is not just US that is suffering its worldwide.
I looked yesterday at the exchange rate for my £ and its frightening, £1 = 10.7 RMB, last april I got 15.1
The whole world is going down, its just a matter of time before it reaches everyone
Page 1 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Poll: How Does the Financial Crisis Affect Your Travel Plan?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code