Menu
Any canton fair hotel suggestion?
Oct 8, 2008 21:59
  • DRAGAN
Hi there, i am going to visit the canton fair this october, and i am looking for some cheap hotel near pazhou with metro station nearby. And I found Jinhai Hostel in this website seems ideal for me except that it says they are not legally accept foreigners: http://cantonfairbudgethotel.com/hotel-listings/9114.php

Can anyone tell me what's the worst consequence if i am caught staying at the hotel? Can anyone ever stayed there give me some advice? thanks.
Oct 9, 2008 09:36
  • JOSHIRV57
Just make the wisest decision and listen to what people tell you.Be sure you are on a good bus line,or close to the Metro Stations,as one will take you right to
the fair.The new Canton Fair is a ways from the old ones. Taxis are expensive.
Oct 9, 2008 22:52
  • ONIONSARDINE
I will suggest Hanting Express Hotel which is a chain hotel and has several braches in Guangzhou. I lived in it during last year's caton fair. i remember the price is around 500RMB. The transportation is very convenient, you can walk 5 minutes and take a subway to Pazhou very quickly.
Oct 10, 2008 08:12
  • LIONPOWER
500 RMB not suitable for all visitor it he wishes to visit all the Phases.
Oct 10, 2008 09:20
  • DRAGAN
Thanks for all of your advice! I don't know where is Hanting Express, but it's beyond my budget. Jinhai Hostel is just about half the price of Hanting, and it's near the metro station too. That's very appealing to me to have a try.
Oct 10, 2008 10:36
  • JOSHIRV57
LionPower,where is this hotel you speak of? The Hanting Express,and you forgot to say the 500 yuan is for one day or a week. This must be near line 3 or 2.Maybe
1 as you do not make yourself clear. So far,not even one of these hotels has been observed.
Oct 17, 2008 23:08
GUEST37229 there is another saying, even though they do not have the registration system, foreigners can bring their own passport to the nearest police station, fill the registration form of temporary accommodation, then they can register and they should be allowed to stay. But of course, this is a very time consuming and troublesome process, which few would be willing to go through this process.

In fact, many hotels would just allow you to stay, even though they do not have the system. It seems, in many cases, the government would not strictly enforce this regulation. Legally, if the hotels without the registration system take foreign guests, they would be prosecuted and required to pay penalty. The hotel guests would not bear any legal responsibility. Yet if you need to extend your visa in China, then it is better for you to stay in hotels with the registration system since then extension of your visa entails either registered in hotel registration system connected to the Public Security Bureau or go to the nearest police station in person to fill in a registration form of temporary accommodation.

In many cases, if the hotels without the registration system dare to accept you, then usually, it would not pose big trouble for the foreign guest, except you may need to change hotel suddenly.
You may also visit the website of Guangzhou Public Security Bureau to see the official saying about the Aliens Accommodation Registration: http://www.gzjd.gov.cn/pub/index_jsp_catid_67_80_131_id_2281.html
Post a Reply to: Any canton fair hotel suggestion?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code