Menu
visa extension
Oct 8, 2008 22:09
  • RINTINTIN
I know many similar questions were asked, but I`m still confused. I have 1month valid tourist visa (till 25.10.08), but really want to stay till end of february 09. I`m not sure- can I apply for visa extension for 3months? Will I get it (due this post-olympic times). I heard, but have no ideas if this is true, that I can after this apply for new visa extension in some other city? Can I help with this and make it untill end of february? Other choice is HK, but I would need more than 3months visa, is this possible? And what about visa agency in Shanghai? How long does take to get new visa? I`m worried to leave my passport there, because I need it for ID, hotel check-in, cahanging money... Is this usual? And another thing: if I would go to cambodia, can I applay for new chinese visa from there? I come from eu. Any answer will be helpful! Thank you very much!
Nov 3, 2008 17:46
GUEST07135 I am in same situation as you. I heard can go to small city like Shanthou and they will make it easier. I live in GZ and it is 4hrs away only. Your welcome to go with me as I can use the company and conversation on the way there. Call me if you want to talk. Thanks

Steven -13802418112
Nov 4, 2008 03:05
  • APAULT
A bit late to reply to 'The German Shepherd' but it is not usually possible to get a 3 month tourist visa on the China mainland. In HK you can usually get a 3 month visa with a double or multiple entry giving yo a total maximum time in China of 9 months. You might be able to get longer visas through an agency, as many 'grease the wheels' to obtain special treatment. Visas can usually be obtained from other countries but you might find that some will issue shorter visas or not allow multiple entries.

Some cities will give better deals than others, and smaller cities might be preferable, but there is no certainty in it. Don't forget that you will need a residence certificate from the city you are applying in, you can get this from your 'fpreigner approved' hotel, or police in area of your claimed residency, but your employer, landlord will have to have previously registered you with police
Nov 8, 2008 07:29
  • BJLEEO
You can get 3 or 6-month F visas in Beijing through visa agents. There are no limitation of each stay. You can stay as long as 6-month without having to leave.
Nov 9, 2008 10:08
  • APAULT
Of course, this begs the question - why should one have to go through an agent? Why can't the rules just be applied simply and honestly??
Nov 24, 2008 22:11
  • CCSHANGHAI
we can extend your tourist visa for 3 month or 6 month. 3 month only single entry and 6 month can be multiple entry. You no need to apply for new visa when you travel to some other countries in 6 month. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other question regarding this visa issues.
ccshanghai.com.cn|christine
www.ccshanghai.com.cn
MP:13512194233
MSN:hotmail.com|juncongliao
QQ:44106187
Post a Reply to: visa extension
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code