Menu
Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law are forever foes.
Oct 11, 2008 02:19
  • ARAGORN
Two women can not get well with each other under the same roof. There is a perception that mother-in-law and daughter-in-law are forever foes. It is impossible for two women without blood ties to be like natural mother and sdaughter. A counter perception is that it isn’t hard to deal with the mother and daughter-in-law if the two women really love the man ( one’s hushand, the other’s son)? The man must be a good coordinator between his wife and his mother? All these are just perceptions on paper. In reality, most of mothers-in-law and daughters-in-laws act like forever foes. Don’t they know how hard it is for the man stuck in the tangled relationship?

(Is it possible for a man to be a filial son and a good husband at the same time?)

Oct 12, 2008 08:31
  • YINDUFFY
From what I've seen you are right. My mother disliked my grand-mother and always complained that my grandmother didn't share some cooking recipes with her! My wife does not like my mother and will not talk to her on the phone without coercion.
It seems that a wife will take the attitude that the husbands first priority is to her ( the wife) and the mother has no claim on her son anymore.
Oct 12, 2008 09:09
  • BITTERSWEET
In Chinese big cities, parents don't live with their married children. Parents have their own pensions and they want free space after retirement. While some youge married couple continue expoiting their old parents like letting old parents acting as baby-sitters and letting them cook and never pay. They treat old parents like volunteer labors!
Oct 12, 2008 20:06
Its not always true of always being foes.
Oct 12, 2008 22:12
  • LEONARDO
Love involves only two people, but marriage involves two families. “Love me, love my family members” is always easy to say than to do. Beijing a man, the toughest time might be the moment when his mom and wife have a quarrel.
Oct 14, 2008 22:27
  • ICEBLUE
Marriage is a big change for a girl and her future mother-in-law. Two women become connected for loving the same man. It is a big change for a girl to become someone's daughter-in-law. She has to call a stranger "Mother" who has never raised her for a single day and has no blood tie with her. Is it easy to accept her?

To the man's mother, it is also a big change. Cause she brought up her son and gave him all her love but finally he loves someone else, she has to share the love with a young girl who captured her son's love. It must be unbalanced in the mother's mind.
Post a Reply to: Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law are forever foes.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code