Menu
Marriage to a Chinese Woman
Oct 12, 2008 10:28
  • VROOM247
I have read earlier messages about marrying a chinese woman and that the best option is to marry in china.

When married (I am UK) what must be done in respect to Chinese visas etc for her to live in UK. It may be that I devide to live in China.... so these are questions to find out the options.

Many Thanks
Oct 12, 2008 15:45
  • FIFTYPOUNDER
Hi Vroom247
I think that the options for the american fellows are not the same as for us,or rather the procedures for our options differ. I have just embarked upon getting a fiance visa for my lovely laope,i am also in the uk. From what i can see you will need to read very thoroughly the uk border agency website. You can get married abroad to a foreign national (sorry for the cold phrasing i have been reading the rules and regs too much),then you will have to apply for a visa to bring her here and live together for 2 years. After 2 years you can then apply for citezenship and take the pointless exam on britshness. When i saw some example questions,i would like to mention that i had difficulty answering and i am English to the bone !! I think i may of read somewhere that you will have to prove that you have had a relationship for over 2 years to get this visa for entry but i am not 100% about that. THe Fiance option was best for me i thought. Anyway read the home office site and you can see for yourself :-)
Oct 12, 2008 16:05
  • VROOM247
Thanks for that info.

Do you know what the chinese gov require to allow a chinese woman to visit UK either as a wife or fiance? Do they require some kind of exit visa?

From what I have been told, a chinese national to get an exit visa must own property, but that may be just for a tourist type trip. Do you knwo of any web sites, or publications that might expalin this maze of red tape?

Many thanks
Oct 13, 2008 16:51
GUEST08752 I have not found this to be true myself yet. My laope owns no property. As far as i am aware she must be single and have a passport. I think the more important information will all be yours to supply. You must have evidence of your ability to support your fiance/wife without recourse to public funds for the duration of her visa. This will be certified bank statements and payslips for over 6 months and proof of your ownership of a house or somewhere to live while here. Proof of your identity that would be a certified copy of your passport photo page and birth certificate. Your fiance/wife will need to take her hoku (not sure of the correct spelling for this) and all this evidence,not to mention all evidence that you can cobble together that you have had a relationship for two years (for a spousal visa). She will need to get a VC4 application form for settlement and make an application at an emmigration department near to her place of living in China. I think that the application document is the same wether for fiance or spousal visa you just fill it out accordingly. I do know that for a fiance visa you only need to prove that you have met there is no need to prove a long standing relationship.
But really all the answers you seek are on the Uk Borders Agency website,get them all first hand :-)
Oct 14, 2008 14:18
  • GAFFER
I know of one young lady who was recently turned down for a Canadian tourist visa owing to having "no evidence that you would return" She has no money (to speak of), and owns no property but she did want to visit her bf.

I understand from various other sources that it helps if the person can show evidence of all or any of the following;
Has a reasonable amount invested in a Chinese bank account,
Owns property.
Has a letter from an employer stating that the job exists.
Shows that they can sustain themselves in the visiting country for the duration of the visa. (This could be proof of a "friends" liquidity). May not be sensible to volunteer too much information about a "relationship"

I believe travelling in a tour group usually works but not very convenient if visiting a bf. (at the speed Chinese travel groups move)
Nov 18, 2013 19:28
GUESTGREENM The editorial team unmistakably thanks ea and ea and occasionally
Jun 24, 2014 16:31
GUESTWARBBZ This requires a little detective work in the form of tapping the wall with a hammer
Post a Reply to: Marriage to a Chinese Woman
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code