Menu
14 Days Free and Easy to Shanghai and Surrounding Areas
Oct 14, 2008 09:33
  • ANGCS
My family of 2 adults and 2 kids (13 and 5) are travelling to Shanghai on 15 Nov 08 for 14 days. We plan to travel free and easy and yet to book any accomodation or transportation to travel the surrounding areas such as Suzhou, Wuxi, Changzhou, Nanjing, Hangzhou and possibly Huangshan if time permits. Please advise if it is easy to get hotel on the spot in these areas with budget of around US$50-US$60? What above moving from city to city, where can I get bus or train, do I need to book in advance? Is there an express train ride with sleeping beds in compartment from Nanjing to Huangshan, when is the departure time and how long is the journey? Thanx

regards
angcs
Oct 23, 2008 22:37
  • ROFEE0512
HI, angcs, i am a tour guide in Suzhou, welcome to this beautiful and lovely city. for your questions, i can give some advice, Suzhou, Wuxi, Changzhou, are three very near cities, if you go by train, it only cost you half an hour from one to another.and you can also travel by bus. the bus station always very near the railway station.you can find it very easily. if you want to go to huangshan, it will be 6 hours by bus from Suzhou, aout 10 hours by train. If you start from Nanjing, it will be 8 hours by train to huangshan. the train number could be 2182/2183, or N418/419 . yeah, you can get sleeping bed ticket, but you need to book such ticket in advance. the departure time only have two chioces, they are 4:30 AM and 4:00 AM. For the hotel, Us$50-60 is enough to book 3 star hotel.
if you have any more questions, or you need any help when you come, you can contact me directly, mobile: 13912783427, email: yeah.net|rofee0512, I would also like to be you guide during your trip in China! it's my honor to do some help to my friend.
thanks, wish you a good journey!
Oct 24, 2008 09:52
GUEST52162 Hello ROFEE0512, thank you for sharing the information, these are most helpful. Considering the time taken to travel to Huangshan and with a 5 years old boy with us, I am dropping this plan. We will most likely base ourselves a few days in Shanghai, Suzhou and Nanjing, travel out on daily trip to surrounding areas. We prefer free and easy and if time does not permit, or my boy does not want to travel, then we will just stick ourselves in the city doing some shopping, sipping coffee or having foot reflexology, that is how we spend our holiday. Thank u for your offer, lazy tourist like us are most likely not requiring any tour guide at the moment.

regards
angcs
Post a Reply to: 14 Days Free and Easy to Shanghai and Surrounding Areas
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code