Menu
Sexuality Question?
Oct 15, 2008 00:45
guest28158 Hey everyone

I want to ask you all what your opinion is about one of my best friends。 She will be 30 years of age soon,is still single and not settled down at all where as a majority of our group are either in a relationship or married。 She very rarely talks about her private life and has never mentioned a boyfriend in 15 years I have known her。
We have been friends for a long time but I cant tell if she prefers men or women as men adore her and women lookup to her but not once in 15 years has she talked about having a partner。 Appearance wise she is totally feminine and has beautiful fine chiseled features not to stereotype gay people but none of our group can decide if she is straight or not。

Any ideas? should I ask her is she prefers women or not or leave it as I care about her and will support her regardless of her decision。

Des B
Oct 15, 2008 00:54
  • DODGER
Why would you want to know what Her sexual preference are? Would it make any difference?
If not just leave it.
Dodger.
Oct 15, 2008 02:26
  • YEMMIE
You don't say whether you are male or female. Either way, are you interested in her? If you are, perhaps that is a way you can find out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. As hard as it may be for you to imagine, she may be painfully shy when it comes to romance. Maybe she has built a wall of sorts around herself to avoid getting hurt. Even if you are not interested in her for yourself, without meddling, you could help her find someone. The key is to be gentle and kind about it.
Oct 15, 2008 10:30
  • GRIZ326
If she is happy your meddling can only cause harm.
Oct 15, 2008 20:31
  • JIMMYB
I guess that GUEST28158 has some feelings on her. Otherwise, he wouldn't worry about her so much. I could be wrong too. Maybe they are best friends and that's why he worries her too much.
Oct 15, 2008 21:45
GUEST23136 Hi I am GUEST 28158 (sexuality question),

I am female and no I am not attracted to her in any way asIam engaged to a wonderful man and have no feelings what so ever for her as she is one of my closest friends。 But dont you think it is very strange that in 15 years she has never mentioned a partner or none of our group has ever seen her with anyone ever。 I just think it is odd that she is 30 and still single and she does have a air of mystery to her but I am her best friend and she should be able to tell me how she feels。I do admit that when our group is together we have made some gay jibes and she does look slightly awkward as our community hardly supports gay people but regardless of that we are only kidding around with the jibes which arent aimed at her。
Oct 16, 2008 00:07
  • DODGER
Guest28158, what I’m curious about is why you would choose this forum to ask for advice or is there another agenda?
You say she looks totally feminine. Do you think that all lesbians ride motorbikes?
If she is one of your best friends then except what she is willing to bring to the relationship.
If in fact she does play for the other team and is not able to admit it to your group perhaps she has picked up on some homophobic vibes and is afraid of rejection.
I personally don’t care what peoples preferences are as long as it doesn’t include children and animals.
Dodger.
Nov 1, 2008 11:47
  • LIONPOWER
Hello guest,
Please give me your friend address. I wish to talk with her. May be she will my good friend.
Nov 3, 2008 19:56
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I don't understand. If I have a friend for 15 years, surely we would be so open and comfortable with each other that we can talk about anything and I can ask her anything without her getting offended. And if she tells me that she is a lesbian, it would not matter to me because she is my friend.
Nov 9, 2008 11:10
  • APAULT
Yes, I don't think I could have a best friend for so long and not know. Anyway, so what? Straight, gay, bi, or simply disinterested, it's her choice ton say nor not...unless perhaps she is clearly unhappy, but that was not implied. Having been married twice I can think of quite a few reasons for not marrying..... in fact so can many long term married people! Even relationships.... there never seems to be a string of distraught and distressed young ladies spilling their hearts to me (yeah I know, that's a question about their judgement!). Singularity does not necessarily mean loneliness or unhappiness I have discovered.
Post a Reply to: Sexuality Question?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code