Menu
exit poll
Oct 16, 2008 11:12
  • CARLOS
Every time we have election for president or parliament, exit polls are widely critizised in public. Some studies have shown that online reporting about exit polls affect peopleĀ“s behaviour when they go to vote.

Now that US elections are at the door, all kinds of polls are published almost every day. Voting days, exit polls perhaps every hour.

How do you feel about exit polls?
Oct 16, 2008 14:47
  • SETH
Frankly I think exit polls are silly, but the news media folks seem to need something to blab about endlessly. For me, exit polls never mattered, but maybe some impressionable people might be influenced. Isssues, issues, and issues are what should drive a person's voting decisions.

But after the last 2 years (primaries and now the fianl campaigning), I just want it to STOP! All the ads are giving me a headache, and both parties keep saying the same things over and over.

Wake me on Nov. 5th!
Oct 18, 2008 17:56
  • YINDUFFY
Exit polls are taken when people are leaving the polling place after having cast their vote. Other polls, by telephone usually, are not exit polls.
Oct 19, 2008 00:10
  • GRIZ326
Exit polls are an attempt to influence the voting of people in other time zones. For instance, if exit polls of the eastern USA show an Obama landslide victory it might prevent Obama voters in the western states from taking the time to cast their ballot and/or might encourage McCain voters to vote when they were too lazy to go to the polls.

The polls got started in the spirit of being the first news organization to present information. Since then "journalists" have taken an interest in manipulating their audiences.
Post a Reply to: exit poll
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code