Menu
Have your computer been hacked by MS?
Oct 23, 2008 21:49
GUEST5122 As I understand correct, MS is not connecting to pirated computers. Pirated computers connect MS when they are checking for updates. Well, too bad if pirated computer gets an update which changes background black.

That sounds unreasonable. MS can distinguish the computer users use genuine or pirated operating system and office sofware. So it is very easy for MS to stop pirated computers updating their systems. However, MS didn't do this. To some extent, MS encourages people to use pirated MS products because there is no difference between genuine and pirated operating systems. No matter they are genuine or not, they can update on MS website.

This reminds me of some words said by Bill Gates. He once said in an interview that "Chinese people prefer pirated softwares and I hope that they can use pirated MS products. So we can ask them to pay for it oneday." Now MS's strikes against piracy and copyright of MS products has proved Bill's words.

Bill Gates and MS are very smart but a little mean. They allow computers to use pirated MS products to advertise for them for free and then take those users of pirated operating systems down.why doesn't MS do OGA on the users of Vista operating system? Because they still need those pirated users to make advertisements and expand market share. Don't believe MS won't do this as they did to Windows operating system. One day, it will launch OGA verification on Vista.
Oct 23, 2008 22:04
GUEST5122 However from what I've read, most Chinese people, including that lawyer in Beijing, are irate about this "horrible atrocity" of Microsoft invading their privacy. Is the media getting this wrong or do we just have more level-headed Chinese folks posting here?

Jsummer, the media didn't get wrong. A survey on a well-known website shows that more than 80 percent computers object to "horrible atrocity" of Microsoft ( your expression). Since they have ways to deal with MS's OGA and WGA verification, they needn't "claim war" against MS.

On the other hand, MS has claimed that it doesn't force the users to do WGA and OGA verification. MS just wants to remind the users that they are using pirated MS softwares.
Oct 24, 2008 00:53
  • DODGER
I’m not sure that I understand the logic here.
You steal something, you get caught and then you scream.
Pirated software is theft plain and simple. No different to picking someone’s pocket. You haven’t paid for the license.
Guest5122 are you suggesting that you are doing MS a favour by using their pirated software?
Dodger.
Oct 24, 2008 21:41
GUEST5122 Guest5122 are you suggesting that you are doing MS a favour by using their pirated software?

Dodger, I am not doing MS a favour by using their pirated software because I am using GENUINE MS operating system. I just don't agree with what MS has done. If MS intends to deal with piracy, just do it thoroughly. Don't play as a paper tiger.
Oct 24, 2008 23:32
  • DODGER
Guest5122, thanks for clarifying your position.
So what steps should MS take in your opinion?
Cheers, Dodger.
Oct 28, 2008 23:08
GUEST5122 Guest5122, thanks for clarifying your position.
So what steps should MS take in your opinion?

First, MS should stop offering Window update to the pirated users. Then it can cooperate with Chinese government to combat piracy and copyright together. As a report said, China destroyed a large factory in Shenzhen that produced pirated MS products. This was a big case. China cooperated with FBI for the first time to fight piracy and copyright in China. 25 suspects were under arrest and 500 million dollars pirated softwares were found.

By the way, MS should be careful. If MS was accused of monopoly in Chinese market, it would face a huge amount of fines.

If MS wants to win more market shares in China, it should adjust the prices of its products. A brand new computer with excellent configuration costs 3000-4000 RMB. However, a genuine Window XP Professional operating system costs almost 2000 RMB. Do you think a person will spend 2000 RMB to buy a genuine operating system? And the MS products are sold cheaper in US than other countries. Take office 2007 for example. Brits to pay 70 per cent more for Office 2007.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Have your computer been hacked by MS?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code