Menu
Should nannies wear tights?
Oct 22, 2008 03:35
  • LEOPOLD219
China’s Shaanxi Province has recently released the dressing code for nannies. In the regulation, nannies are forbidden from wearing tights and over-exposed clothes. Also, it requires nannies not to wear heavy makeup. It can be easily understood that nannies are supposed not to wear overexposed clothes and heavy makeup. Nevertheless, netizens were questioning if the nannies should wear tights. The male employers were complaining that the regulation has the overtone that they can not resist the temptation of the nannies dressed in tights. Evidently, not-to-wear-tights regulation contains the implication that nannies cloaked with tights may have illicit relationship with the employers of opposite sex. A few nannies felt they are wronged and made light of by the regulation. What’s your view? Should nannies wear tights?
Nov 4, 2008 12:32
GUEST11889 I think it's up to the employer what the girl is allowed to wear and not, at least if it's a young live-in nanny/maid girl. Many employers set up very strict rules for the girl, both when it comes to what she has to wear and how to appear. Many of those girls have to wear clothes like a white blouse, a black skirt, apron at least for dirty work, and a nametag.
Nov 4, 2008 19:52
  • HELLOKITTY
Nannies should follow a certain dressing code: not too flashy, too overexposed. Try to be decent and simple. Wearing overexposed clothes is the sign of beiing a sex worker.
Dec 26, 2009 17:24
GUEST13167
Quote:

Originally Posted by HELLOKITTY

Nannies should follow a certain dressing code: not too flashy, too overexposed. Try to be decent and simple. Wearing overexposed clothes is the sign of beiing a sex worker.

I think it's up to the employer, not the government.
Jan 19, 2010 14:35
  • BWINKS
I am so hiring a nanny for my dorm room!
Post a Reply to: Should nannies wear tights?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code