Menu
Mixed race couples - what do you eat?
Nov 3, 2008 05:04
  • GAFFER
Fiftypounder,
If you really want to see how much the Chinese can eat, try staying in a Chinese hotel where breakfast is buffet style, and included in the room rate. I was amazed at the number of journeys to the buffet and the number of dishes consumed. How come you see so few overweight Chinese people? Comment from my partner (Chinese like value for money ;o)
In comparison to eating English style, where all the food is on one plate (and you can see how much there is) it is more difficult to know how much you have actually eaten Chinese style where you are picking up relatively small quantities from several dishes...... and even more difficult when they serve white wine with the meal (which is not quite the same as the white wine we know) ;o)
Dec 17, 2008 16:20
  • FIFTYPOUNDER
When i was in a hotel in Mundanjiang i had this very experience. I sat there gobsmacked as the table of men next to us sat there and drank beer,filled themselves with astonishing amounts of nosh (all of which i also tried and found to be delicious) before retiring to their day of business i assume. It was such a stark difference between my english reserve,trying not to look the glutton,and the total abandon with which these guys just attacked their food. This was breakfast !! I thought that maybe they have their largest meal at the start of the day whereas i have mine at the end of my working day.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Mixed race couples - what do you eat?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code