Menu
Chinese advise
Oct 30, 2008 16:01
  • LOVEXINYE
For there are much misadvise in traveling to Beijing , to be a native of beijng , I often feel pity to travellers , I'm a reporter of Beijing , Thefirst dayli . Several days ago , the news paper pressed a article an an old hutong shop , the original intention of this article is show the 30th years of China reform , then I translated this article to English . Incidentally , I think maybe this is useful to foreigners know the real-worth
travelling place of Beijing . I'd like to answer the questions of travelling in Beijing , if you have some questions , just tell me .
Oct 30, 2008 16:02
  • LOVEXINYE
请先了解一下赵府街副食店。

Please have some Zhaofujie shop's photo firstly . Sorry for my poor English , but please get the spirit ,

not gremma .

http://slafyshiwojiejie.blog.sohu.com/66217346.html

改革开放三十年
少了些回忆的味道 多了些新鲜的味道

30th anniversary of the reform
Taste the memories and freshes

固体酱油、代藕粉、牛奶饼干、恒大香烟,这些您还记得吧?在钟楼根儿底下有个赵府街,一家小副食店就坐落在这条

街上。与众不同的是,这个小店至今保存着两块画着各种食品糕点的“匾”,而这个匾到今天已经30多岁了。这块匾,记载

着改革开放前各种既贴近百姓生活,又不失“高档”的食品。

Solid soyabean , substitute for arrow root powder , milky biscuit , Hengda brand cigaratte , can you

remember such thing ? Beyond Zhonglou , a small shop sits at Zhaofujie hutong . It's diffrent from other

shop for the two over-30-years-old billboard . They record several kinds of food that before the reform in

1979 . At that time , such food is useful and something luxry .

但现在人们再看到这两块匾,并不是如80年代初的孩子们看到它时流露出的羡慕感了,因为一种种食品、生活用品逐渐

走进了我们的家庭,在时间大潮中,却又悄无声息地退出了我们的生活,留给我们的,只有对改革开放三十年中,对生活中

永远离不开的两大样——吃、喝的无限怀念。

But now , when people look at the two billboard , they would not radiate jealousies as a 1980s children ,

for a lot of deluxe food already became common in our lives , then they were eliminated quitely . The

remains to us , are the memories to the most two important things , foods and drinks .

买芝麻酱 其实是技术活

Trick of buying sesame butter

若说起当年配额供给的时代,恐怕读者您比我们记得清楚。80年前后,除了大件生活用品要用票,生活中的油盐酱醋和

粮食多半也得凭票买。一个人一个月30斤上下的粮食,半斤糖,半斤油,一两芝麻酱。可有件事情您现在都未必知道,买芝

麻酱可是个技术活。赵府街副食店的掌柜李大叔最怕这种事情。

Lots of people are still remember the time when everthing put on rations exactly . At 1980 , buying

everthing including cook oil was not only whit money , but also tickets . The ration was 15 kg corns , a

quater kg sugar , a quater kg oil , 50 g sesame butter per person . Mabe you never know that there is a

trick in buying sesame butter . Zhaofujie shop's keeper , Mr. Li , often harassed by the trick .
  • LOVEXINYE

与其说是技术,还不如说是骗术。小孩子拿着玻璃罐子和一两票,到了柜台就说,“您给我打一两芝麻酱”。听到这话

大叔总是无可奈何地笑笑。芝麻酱本身就非常粘稠,用大勺子一崴,肯定超过一两,但玻璃瓶口小,还没法往回舀。“那个

时候,得了病能吃上一口麻酱白糖抹的烤馒头片,滋味没法形容。”李大叔也知道孩子们嘴馋,于是也就不较真了,这种情

况一直持续到了80年代中期。
如今超市的货架上,各种品牌、各种风味的芝麻酱都数不清了,那口麻酱白糖抹馒头片的香味,也淡出了人们的生活,

变成了随时可以回忆的香味。

A boy handled a glass bottle and a 50g ticket came , "50g sesame butter please ." Boy saying , put the glass

on the conter . Mr. Li smiled . The butter was very thick , a big ladle of butter was must over than 50g .

"At that time , people can eat bun plastered sesame butter and sugar only during ill ." Mr. Li knew that

children were greedy , so smile and more than 50g butter , filled in the glass bottle .

Now at supermarket you can find several brands and flavors sesame butter . The bun plastered butter and

sugar , had become a flavor of memory .

固体酱油、代藕粉 便宜也得被淘汰

Solid soyabean , substitute for arrow root powder , were elimated although they were cheap

“这个代藕粉,我儿子小时候吃过,跟藕粉可是不一样的。”来副食店买烟的老爷子说,“70年代末生的孩子们,大多

吃过这些它。现在这婴儿食品我看着都眼晕,什么这个糊,那个奶,吃得孩子们都白白胖胖。”老爷子说,过去的藕粉价格

稍高,但是好喝好沏。有的家庭买不起,加上藕粉也不好买,就买稍微便宜点的代藕粉。这代藕粉得熬,出来的东西也不像

藕粉那么白得透亮,”老爷子叹了口气,“我儿子都40了,比我现在还瘦,前年孙子都上学了。怎么办?现在好不容易富裕

些了,好好养我的小孙子,给他吃最好的。”
而固体酱油,在北京消失得更早一些,但偏远地区的人们,不少80后都吃过这东西。“好运输、好保存,味道还不错。

”李大叔说。由于固体酱油和普通酱油酿造工艺差别不大,只是在后期进行脱水浓缩,在物资匮乏的年代,也成了不少北京

家庭饭桌上的常备品。“得有20年没卖这东西了吧,”李大叔想了想,“你看看我这老货架上,生抽老抽合资厂老字号酱油

都有,说实话,还是这不用自己费尽勾兑的东西吃着舒服。”

"The substitude for arrow root powder , my son often ate when he was young ,and it was really different from

common arrow root powder ." An old man coming for cigaratte , says ,"Children born at the end of 1970s must

ever eat this . now , xxx milk , xxx baby food always make me puzzle , babies who eat such high-quality food

looks healthy . Common powder was more convinent and delicious , but a little dear , so some family can

afford . Even though you have money , sometimes the supply was not enough . The old man sighed , "Now my son

is 40 years old , but he is more thin than me . Before last year my grandson start his pupil life , I gave

him the best food , for my regret to my son ."
Solid soyabean , disappeared more earlier in Beijing , but 1980s people lived in mountainous areas , ever

tasted it . "Easy for transportting and storing , the taste is not bad ." Mr. Li says . Solid soyabean's

producting process is not different from liquids , just be evaporated . In food-lack times , it was

necessity to every family table . "It had disappeared for 20 years . Now , you can see soyabeans from

different copartership and with different flavor in my counter , this tasted better than the solids which

need watering ."
  • LOVEXINYE

点心盒子 向左走向右走

desserts box , coming soon , going soon

其实,点心盒子的命运相比固体酱油还是幸福多了。80年代回家过年,无论是家在北京,还是家在外地,无论骑自行车

还是挤火车,两样东西少不了,一是纸绳捆上两瓶“洋河大曲”或者“汾酒”,二就是上面盖着一张红纸的点心盒子,也有

老北京人称它为“点心匣子”。

desserts box , has a better destiny than solid soyabean . In the spring festival of 1980s , people came to

thier elders' home must take two bottles of wine and a desserts box , often with a red paper putting on .

“店里常备的糕点,无非槽子糕、桃酥、江米条,遇上过年过节,根本不够卖。我们得去点心厂跟人家联系大批进货。

”李大叔没少为点心补自行车胎,“萨其马,自来红,自来白,牛舌饼,都摆上,来的人一样拿个两块,装进纸盒子,上面

一定要盖上一张红纸,再用纸绳捆好。要是有稻香村的,那就是极品啦。”

"This shop perennially sell honeybun , walnutcake , glutinous rice stick , that were the most common kinds .

In festival , they can not suit for people's requirement , and we sellers must ask cake producer for big

amont of it ." Mr. Li rided bycicle , wondering between producer's factory and the shop , sa-qi-ma , beijing

mooncake , bull's tongue cake , all of them would be put on the counter where concerntrated most sight .

Choosed some kinds , packeted in desserts box , coverd by a pices of red paper ,tied with rope . If there

were Daoxiangcun brand desserts sold , you were really lucky ."

当年住在天坛南里的张志善的儿子最爱吃的就是牛舌饼,“这小子,每次都给我们剩下一对渣,那个时候孩子们缺嘴,

都给他吃了,我心里还是挺难受呢。前一阵子我去超市又买了几块,现在已经上了班的儿子说没有原来好吃了,可我一尝,

没觉得有什么区别。人们生活水平提高了,口也高了。”
进入90年代,随着改革开放带来的人民生活水平提高,点心盒子随着时间轴,向远离人们生活的方向走去,过年过节的

礼品变成了包装华丽的补养品。对点心的热爱,却一直在人们的心中没有散去,老人们也乐于将点心作为早餐和日常生活中

的零食。近年来,许多著名糕点厂重新推出了“老八件”,据报道,节前一个品牌的销量就能达到一天20吨,点心盒子以迅

雷不及掩耳之势,迅速追随着人们日渐鼓起的钱包回到人们的节日里。但有一点和过去是一样的,您想吃到最好的名牌点心

,还得去排队。这并不是像改革开放初期原材料匮乏所致,而是厂家生产能力,已经跟不上人们回味的急迫心情了。

Then , Zhangzhishan's son , liked bull's tongue cake most . "He must left dregs only . At that time ,

most children were greedy , although all of the cakes were eaten by him , my feeling is sorrow . Several

days ago , I brought the cake , but my son said that it was much terrible tasting than the past . I tasted

some , I thought it had the same flavor of the past . Maybe , people is costomed the high living enviorment

."
And 1990s came . Acommpanying the reform was richer and richer . Desserts box , is not a signal of

deliciours so it dimmed in people's lives , the present in festival , changed to beautiful packeted cordials

. But , the love to desserts , did not dim , especially in old people's mind . In recent years , lots of

famors dessert producer resumed the supply of " 8 kinds of old cake ". It's reported that one famors brand's

production sold more than 20 tons one day before festival , desserts box return to people's home like

thunder breaking who were own more money . There is a same situation , if you want to taste the best ,
you still need to wating in a long queue , out of shops . It dose not mean the lack of raw materials at the

beginning years of the reform , but the producting ability to the desserts factory , can not reach the hurry

feeling of people who are serching the memory .
  • LOVEXINYE
北冰洋 来也匆匆去也匆匆

Beibingyang , a legend of abortion

别看现在超市里可口可乐、百事可乐、冰红茶、冰绿茶相互竞争,要往回说个30年,那时候可没有他们什么事儿,饮料

是北冰洋自己的天下。夏天的树荫下面,老奶奶推着白色的小车,上面摆着大冰坨子,冰坨子上一排骨碌乱转的淡黄色汽水

,光是看看就凉快了许多。80年代初,在北京街头,渴了来瓶北冰洋,既奢侈,又时尚。很多人走进赵府街副食店,都希望

在这个看上去“老”一些的店中找到“老”的味道,可李大叔也只能用抱歉来回答顾客。

Cocacola , Pepsi , now are the most popular drinks , ice tea also get involed the competion of macket

share . But 30 years ago , all of them were just sleeping in wombs . The beijing was the market only to

Beibiingyang carbonated drinks . Summer , under the shadow , a gramma pushing a white garage , Beibingyang

under a big ice block under the small garage , hehe . One glance , would make you feel cool . Standing on

streets or hutongs , drinking a bottle of Beibingyang , was luxry and faddish . Sometimes People walk in

Zhaofujie shop for Beibingyang , they thought they can get the old taste of old time , but Mr. Li only give

them the pities .

由于当时并没有一个像样的“对手”能站出来与北冰洋抗衡,北冰洋汽水随着改革开放前几年,北京人腰包鼓起来迅速

占领了全北京的市场。就在人们慢慢适应刚开始觉得苦涩的可乐汽水的时候,北冰洋这个曾陪伴无数北京人度过炎炎夏日和

喜庆节日的品牌,终于在1994年被百事可乐收购,从此这一口也成了70后和80后真正的“渴望”。

For that times there was no competitor drinks , Beibingyang in the begining years of the reform got

markets rapidly . When decades later , people gradually suit the strange taste of cola , Beibingyang was

annexed by Pepsi group . So , Beibingyang had become a " thirst " of 1970s and 1980s people .

近年来不少报道都曾提及,某些非法小作坊仍在生产冒牌北冰洋而被取缔。在它消失十多年后的今天,在夏日饮料已经

从解渴发展成营养、口味、便捷的今天,在随便一个超市就有数不清品牌饮料的今天,仍然有些不法者利用人们对北冰洋的

热爱去发不义之财,可这也说明,人们对这个来也匆匆去也匆匆的品牌,是多么的热爱与怀念。

Now , 16 years passed , some ileagal factories still coping the flavor and packet of Beibingyang . Although there are more and more requires to summer drinks , like nutrition and conviniention , you can find innumerable kinds of drinks in supermarkets , some baddies still impose on people's love to Beibingyang , you can see , how Beijingners love and remember the Beibingyang .
Oct 30, 2008 16:03
  • LOVEXINYE
大白菜 飞出寻常百姓家

Chinese cabbage , fly away

冬天的菜站前,排队的人们推着三轮车、平板车,穿着棉鞋站在雪地上等着身着军大衣的售货员们用最大号的秤砣秤出

自己要的大白菜。如今,这一幕仍然可以在不少菜市场看到,只是队伍越来越短了。

Winter , out of vegetable shop's door , people dressed typical black cotton shoes , with tricycles standing in a queue , they are watting for sellers who dressed green army overcoat , balancing Chinese cabbiage . You can find this sence today , but , the queue is shorter and shorter .

1995年以前的赵府街副食店,比现在还要大上几十平方米,冬天的时候,这里会堆满大白菜,而附近的居民也都知道这

里是大白菜供应点。那个穿着军大衣在白菜垛旁喘着白气的小伙子,不是别人,正是李大叔。

Before 1995 , Zhaofujie shop was tens square meters broader than now , it's the space to Chinese cabbage in winter , people lived near here must know that they need to come here and buy . A youth , panting , standing beyond the battlements of cabbage , is Mr. Li , exactly .

“一天就是上万斤。区里副食品公司都要加派人手,帮忙运输、卸车、卖菜。人口少的,两口子备个一二百斤是必需的

,人口多的家庭,买五六百斤都是常见的。”这种情况持续了多少年,李大叔已经记不清,进入90年代后,排队的人们越来

越少了。一天能卖的大白菜,从万斤降到了几千斤,再后来,由于人们购买大白菜已经不像过去那么多,大白菜供应点合并

,店里也就不再出售蔬菜了。

" tens ton one day . Governmet would ask more worker here , help us to trans , remove , sell . Couples just needed to store one hundred kilo , while 300 kilo was common to a big family ." Mr. Li can not remember how long this case lasted , then 1990 came , less and less people came for cabbiage , the seeling amont falldown from tens ton to tons , the shop stoped selling cabbiages later .
Post a Reply to: Chinese advise
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code